Can anyone help me figure out what this material is? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Camping/RV's Discuss camping, RV equipment and locations.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 02-02-2009, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 324
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Can anyone help me figure out what this material is?

I need help once again, this time in figuring out just what material was used to cover the underside of our horrible Phoenix Cruiser,

betsy-tom (betsy-tom)'s photos- powered by SmugMug

On the Phoenix web site it is discribed as:

"Strong long lasting 1/4" Plastic Fluted Sheet Underbelly", but it looks and feels like cardboard with a plastic coating.

I gotta stop looking at this piece of poop, oh and many thanks to the member who pointed out to me that the osb is used as a sub floor rather than the stated:

"Moisture Proof Plywood as Flooring Sub-base", I missed that in the photo of the sani con pump completely.

Beer came out my nose when I got the pm about Phoenix building these on a chicken farm.


Thank you for the help, I do appreciate it..
robert smith is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 Old 02-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
symbols's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pasadena, TX
Posts: 6,505
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It looks like a vinyl product. Same design as cardboard just vinyl in lieu of paper....but I don't really know.


"Using a thug's murderous rampage to call for gun control is like using Barack's reckless spending to call for higher taxes."

--Michael Berry, American philosophizer & Talk Radio Czar, 1970-?
symbols is offline  
post #3 of 3 Old 12-16-2010, 05:49 PM Rookie
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I don;t know if there are different grades but the stuff on my camper is like what sign makers use. I believe it is called corrogated vynal. Get it from a sign shop.
rescue15 is offline  
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome