gear set for enclosed trailer - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Camping/RV's Discuss camping, RV equipment and locations.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2008, 11:16 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
gear set for enclosed trailer

I just picked up a 26' interior spaced enclosed trailer. i plan on using it to hall my quads to the coast and occasionally take my car to the races. my question is:

what has been the best set up for the interior of the trailer?

mine only has a couple of shelves and a decent sized work bench across the front of the trailer along with one deep cycle for the 12 volt lighting under the benches. it also has 6- 4' flourecent lights and 3- 110 outlets. a full length awning and some exterior lights.

I am thinking of ammenities. air compressor? generator? good location for permanent battery mount (inside or outside?)(one or two?) wall cabinets? what do you guys (and gals) have? what has worked for you? what would you do if you could add a little something that would make your trailer a little more useful when you are out in the wild?

i would also like to add a pancake type water tank under the trailer just in front of the axles to allow me to install an outside shower. has anyone done this and can you maybe give me the ups and downs of doing this. i am not so worried about hot water, this will mostly be for summer use at the dunes, mostly to get the sand off after riding.

if you have your trailer set up already and think it is the best thing a person would ever be able to do without going to a toy hauler, post a few pics. i am not ashamed to say that i would use someone elses idea for my own enjoyment.

thanks for looking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2008, 05:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I pull a 24 ft enclosed for the race team I work on. We have cabinets up front, with a full work bench. I have a winch under the cabinets so if we wreck the car we can pull it back up. I have a mini fridge as well as AC. I have overhead lights so we can work on the cars all night long to get ready for a race in the morning.

Atleast for me our biggest things is tools. Tools tools tools and spare parts. I have bins of nuts/bolts/zip ties and so on.

I have another cabinet of medical stuff, paper towels, oil...

For you, obviously a generator is nice. Honda makes a nice quiet one. A mini fridge is so nice to have, as is camp chairs hidden somewhere.

You could easy put a water tank in, but you must be care where you put all that weight so it doesn't make your trailer sway when you pull. The position of the car in the trailer has alot to do with the ride back.

It takes about 30 min to get an Evo 8 in and strapped down correctly and lined up where I want it.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:58 AM

thanks for the info. i appreciate the help. i definetely think a small winch is in order along with a good gen set.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:10 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to stockcar12
dont do a air compressor mount a nitogen tank in the trailer then you dont have to wait for a compressor to build up and it is quite! also i dont know how much weight your car is but i have a superwinch 5000lbs winch in mine, you dont want to small of a winch and the money difference isnt that much. The best generator on the market for a trailer is a onan, they are super quite! cabnets are also nice. 110 lights are awsome too. if you want to pm me I can send you a pic of the inside of my trailer so you can see how its laid out. If you use your trailer alot the best thing to buy is a electric jack in the front, hand cranking them is a pain in the butt after awhile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.