Park model? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Camping/RV's Discuss camping, RV equipment and locations.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2008, 08:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Park model?

I've been looking at getting a park model. To put on my 5 acers up north. I almost got a hold of one dirt cheap. But it sold before I got there. Question I've always had and never gotten a straight answer on. Can they be towed by a normal truck like my 1-ton?

I know the larger ones like this are to heavy and need a toter:

But what about old park models like this one?

How about this one? A new 2008 BRECKENRIDGE 844 WB Loft

Last edited by STANG302; 07-31-2008 at 09:13 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2008, 07:29 AM

I was told by my local guy FWIW that the park models can be towed by a 1-ton. Of course you just wanna tow it somewhere and leave it, not tow it here and there.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:50 AM
Emergency Services

The only problem I see is that you might need to have an oversize load permit of some sort. Not that I care. I transport my overwidth, overloaded hay trailer all the time without a problem from the highway patrol, S.O. or police. Then again, it is a "farm trailer" hauling farm cargo in a more or less rural area.

Weight wise, I see no problem at all.

Eli Benson
Old 08-05-2008, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabraha View Post
Of course you just wanna tow it somewhere and leave it, not tow it here and there.

Thats my plan. I just don't want to have to pay some one to do something for me that I can do my self.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:27 AM
I don't know nuttin....

even the one on top only has 3 axels under it so i'm sure a 1 ton would handle it...would depend on the tounge wieght it has though. Your reciever may be too small if it has a heavy tounge.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:28 PM

Depends on your state laws, alot of people dont realize that even alot of fifth wheels and large Travel trailers like mine, in alot of states actually require a CLass A or B CDL or a NON Commercial CDL, Deppending on the overall Length and weight of the trailer and your truck combined, in addition to wether your truck can actually handle it. So maybe you have to study a bit and go get a non commercial Class A, and a one time trip permit for the trailer, sure beets the fines if some super trooper nails you. not to mention he could also require you to leave the trailer where he pulls you over and then you have to get it towed the rest of the way or home. good luck.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:32 PM

PS also the hieght, is normally 13'6'' east of the missisipi and 14' west on State and Interstate Highways, 13'6'' most city and county roads unless posted other wise, such as low bridges, and such, any thing over that hieght and you again need a trip permit and a planned route with appropriate clearance that you stick too.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:34 PM

dang oh and the one on the top probabally has no lights so you would need a light kit, brake and turn signals with a long enough cable to plug into you truck and hang on the back of the trailer. ok last post LOL;0
Old 01-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Turnin' JP8 into noise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmtracMechanic View Post
Depends on your state laws, alot of people dont realize that even alot of fifth wheels and large Travel trailers like mine, in alot of states actually require a CLass A or B CDL or a NON Commercial CDL, Deppending on the overall Length and weight of the trailer and your truck combined, in addition to wether your truck can actually handle it. So maybe you have to study a bit and go get a non commercial Class A, and a one time trip permit for the trailer, sure beets the fines if some super trooper nails you. not to mention he could also require you to leave the trailer where he pulls you over and then you have to get it towed the rest of the way or home. good luck.
How much is the fine in Oregon? I'm from Oregon and my truck is registered there...when I was getting plates for my 28ft cargo trailer, the lady at the DMV told me I would need "truck" plates or Farm plates since the combined gross weight is over 20k? (ish) lbs. Those things cost a ridiculous amount of money and you have to renew them every couple months. I figure I'd just take my chances with the fine if I ever got hassled by the police.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:18 PM

hum I got a "Exceeding Registered Weight" Fine in one of my dump drucks pulling a Back hoe on a trailer, at the hubbard scales on hwy 99, this was for registered weight and not the capable weight of the truck and trailer, it was like 300 bucks or some thing like that if memory serves, but it can be more or less it depends on the codes they pick to write you for the cop you deal with and his mood LOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.