Toy Hauler Questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Camping/RV's Discuss camping, RV equipment and locations.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Toy Hauler Questions

hey guys im new to the TH thing... i have been wanting one for years but have never had a place big enough to store one.... well with the new house i know have space the back yard.... well my budget is around 15k for a good used TH in the 25ft bumper bull range... i have been searching around and this brand is the kind i like the most... its a Kit Extreme...

i love the interior colors.. only thing im iffy on is the side pull down beds... does anyone have any experience with these? how comfortable are they? do they get cold? i do like that since the beds fold out it gives the TH a lot more room inside... here is a sample pic of what im talking about:

also what else should i be looking for when i buy one of these? will i be able to legally pull this one with my truck?

eBay Motors: KIT EXTREME 28 FT TOY HAULER W/GEN FUEL STATION (item 160245955172 end time Jun-19-08 18:57:34 PDT)

thanks for all your info

-Raul

Last edited by Raul@Stealth Automotive; 06-15-2008 at 09:44 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Your truck will be able to pull it but 8" of lift and 37's you'll be putting in more driving effort than a stock truck. I see 1/2 tons hauling these things around and if they can haul then you shouldn't have a problem.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005F250 View Post
Your truck will be able to pull it but 8" of lift and 37's you'll be putting in more driving effort than a stock truck. I see 1/2 tons hauling these things around and if they can haul then you shouldn't have a problem.
thanks for the post bud im hoping my 4.30 gears would help out in hauling it if i do get a TH... i have never haled anything more than my jeep on a flat bed(not sure of the weight) but that feels like im not hauling anything...
Old 06-15-2008, 09:53 PM

It has a GVWR of 11,100 lbs. but that is fully loaded. Dry weight is 6600 lbs. I think your gonna feal it. I haul 10K lbs. every once in awhile and I can feel that behind the truck. You have a TW chip and built tranny so that should help.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:58 PM

hey raul what you want to check for is the normal wear and tear make sure everything works ,does it have a fuel station,did the generator come with it or is it a portable one that they put in there because some can be loud and get annoying ,check the tanks black,gray and fresh check all lines, check the onside and outside panels and the floor,make sure the fridge fires up...does it have ac.....i just say because i have a 2006 weekend warrior and have had problems with the fridge and now my fuel station doesnt work ..i need to look at it...but there are so many little thing with these that need checking and going over to make sure there all good.....but good luck .......ohh yeah and another thing about the pop outs my uncle has one like that and they can get pretty noisey when it gets windy,but then you can always close it
Old 06-16-2008, 04:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

bumping this up
Old 06-16-2008, 04:33 PM

are you looking to buy the one on ebay
Old 06-16-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordmugg View Post
another thing about the pop outs my uncle has one like that and they can get pretty noisey when it gets windy,but then you can always close it
And hot ! You would be better off looking for one that has a reg slide out , but they are heaver depending on how big the slide is . I have a 30' bumper hitch with a 12' slide out (not a toyhauler) and need to use torsen bars and two sway bars BUT it weights about 12000 loaded . Good luck finding what you want you'll love it once you get one
Old 06-16-2008, 04:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordmugg View Post
are you looking to buy the one on ebay
nope.... i just really like the interior.... i like the whole black and checkerboard look...... it might be easier finding a cheap one and making it how i want it... but that is a whole lot of work
Old 06-16-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul@Stealth Automotive View Post
nope.... i just really like the interior.... i like the whole black and checkerboard look...... it might be easier finding a cheap one and making it how i want it... but that is a whole lot of work
yeah it prob wouldnt be worth it to do it that way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.