GA campgrounds - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Camping/RV's Discuss camping, RV equipment and locations.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 11:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
GA campgrounds

Anyone have sugestions for a good campground in GA or Carolina Mtns. Driving from Fl. and want to see some fall color. Not afraid to put the miles on the new truck. Thats why we buy them, Right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Premium Member

Check out gastateparks.org Amicalola Falls and Vogel State Park are good...but popular.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 07-09-2013, 05:02 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

We went to Moonshine Creek last time out and the next trip will be to Indian Creek cg both in the NC mountains. You can go to the good sam website and find all kinds of campgrounds in the area you want to stay and they even rate them for you.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:54 AM

I liked General Coffee, if you have kids, they have a petting farm there and there usually isn't a whole lot of people. We were the only campers in there other than the hosts. Crooked River was another nice one, but it was pretty busy.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:17 AM

We went to Tallulah Gorge State Park last Oct. The CG was kind of small, but you're very close to the gorge, which has some great views. We went early Oct and it was to early so see the leaves change. Late Oct would have been better.

Black Rock Mountain State Park is the highest GA State Park. It was nice and has some great views also.

We visited these state parks while there: Black Rock Mountain, Vogel, Amicalola Falls, Moccasin Creek, and Tugaloo. The only one I didnt care for was Moccasin Creek, all the other ones were very nice.

I've heard Cloudland Canyon State Park (NW corner) is really nice also.

Like mudfuel06 said, General Coffee is nice and probably our favorite GA State Park, but I'd visit the northern ones if you want to see fall colors.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
We went to Tallulah Gorge State Park last Oct. The CG was kind of small, but you're very close to the gorge, which has some great views. We went early Oct and it was to early so see the leaves change. Late Oct would have been better.

Black Rock Mountain State Park is the highest GA State Park. It was nice and has some great views also.

We visited these state parks while there: Black Rock Mountain, Vogel, Amicalola Falls, Moccasin Creek, and Tugaloo. The only one I didnt care for was Moccasin Creek, all the other ones were very nice.

I've heard Cloudland Canyon State Park (NW corner) is really nice also.

Like mudfuel06 said, General Coffee is nice and probably our favorite GA State Park, but I'd visit the northern ones if you want to see fall colors.
I loved Black Rock, we used to stay in the cabins up there. But, if I remember correctly, they have a length limit of about 26' to get up there. We had a 32' TT and it puckered me going up and coming down when the tires would go off the road to avoid traffic.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudfuel06 View Post
I loved Black Rock, we used to stay in the cabins up there. But, if I remember correctly, they have a length limit of about 26' to get up there. We had a 32' TT and it puckered me going up and coming down when the tires would go off the road to avoid traffic.
I didn't know anything about a length limit. I do remember the roads being steep and windy That would be something to check into for sure.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

One of our favorite fall places is actually in Alabama. Fort Payne to be exact. It is Desoto Falls State Park. It is in the foothills of the Appalation Mountains and it is absolutely beautifully. We were up there this past weekend and the colors are just starting. FYI the Little River Canyon National Park was closed due to the Govt. shutdown....retarded politicians!
Old 12-31-2013, 07:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Just got back from putting 1200 miles on the truck and TT. Lakeland fl to Stone Mtn. Then to Helen Ga. Found a spot at the Unicoi State Park. Nothing but pleased with the performance of the truck. 3:55's. Didn't lug or strain once. Even ventured up steep Mtn roads. Only gripe is the 10 mpg towing north. With a slight improvement south to 11.5. 8500 lbs TT 70 to 75 the whole way. Any truth to he rumors of 13 towing from some of these forums? Either way, awesome trip and a awesome truck.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajc722 View Post
Just got back from putting 1200 miles on the truck and TT. Lakeland fl to Stone Mtn. Then to Helen Ga. Found a spot at the Unicoi State Park. Nothing but pleased with the performance of the truck. 3:55's. Didn't lug or strain once. Even ventured up steep Mtn roads. Only gripe is the 10 mpg towing north. With a slight improvement south to 11.5. 8500 lbs TT 70 to 75 the whole way. Any truth to he rumors of 13 towing from some of these forums? Either way, awesome trip and a awesome truck.
We were up at Stone Mountain the 26th thru the 29th. It poured on us Saturday, but it was still a great place to camp. We'll go back during the summer when it warms up some.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.