GA campgrounds - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Camping/RV's Discuss camping, RV equipment and locations.

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 07-08-2013, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
Ajc722's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Lakeland fl
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
GA campgrounds

Anyone have sugestions for a good campground in GA or Carolina Mtns. Driving from Fl. and want to see some fall color. Not afraid to put the miles on the new truck. Thats why we buy them, Right?
Ajc722 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 07-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,023
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Check out gastateparks.org Amicalola Falls and Vogel State Park are good...but popular.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

-----------------
tigrtrk is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 07-09-2013, 06:02 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Monroe, NC
Posts: 1,247
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 19
Thanked 38 Times in 15 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
We went to Moonshine Creek last time out and the next trip will be to Indian Creek cg both in the NC mountains. You can go to the good sam website and find all kinds of campgrounds in the area you want to stay and they even rate them for you.

99.5 F250 7.3 (Sold)
2006 F350 6.0 CC LB SRW FX4
Pro Comp 2.5 Leveling Kit
New Premium FICM from Ed
IPR GEN 2 EGR Delete w/ Up Pipe
Flo Pro 4" Turbo Back w/muffler
Blue Spring Mod
SCT Livewire ts
Ag Street Tune by Eric
NCDeerHunter is offline  
post #4 of 11 Old 07-09-2013, 06:54 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
mudfuel06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Florida
Posts: 335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I liked General Coffee, if you have kids, they have a petting farm there and there usually isn't a whole lot of people. We were the only campers in there other than the hosts. Crooked River was another nice one, but it was pretty busy.

2007 F250 Lariat Outlaw Edition-High Idle Mod,Sinister Coolant Filter
2001 Coachmen Royal 326RLS
2010 EB Expedition EL-The Wifey's
mudfuel06 is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 07-17-2013, 06:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
69Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Valdosta
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
We went to Tallulah Gorge State Park last Oct. The CG was kind of small, but you're very close to the gorge, which has some great views. We went early Oct and it was to early so see the leaves change. Late Oct would have been better.

Black Rock Mountain State Park is the highest GA State Park. It was nice and has some great views also.

We visited these state parks while there: Black Rock Mountain, Vogel, Amicalola Falls, Moccasin Creek, and Tugaloo. The only one I didnt care for was Moccasin Creek, all the other ones were very nice.

I've heard Cloudland Canyon State Park (NW corner) is really nice also.

Like mudfuel06 said, General Coffee is nice and probably our favorite GA State Park, but I'd visit the northern ones if you want to see fall colors.

2010 F250 Cabela's Edition FX4, 6.4L, 3.55LS.
2011 Palomino Throroughbred 828RLS travel trailer.


"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting to have lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" Benjamin Franklin
69Stang is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 07-17-2013, 08:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
mudfuel06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Florida
Posts: 335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
We went to Tallulah Gorge State Park last Oct. The CG was kind of small, but you're very close to the gorge, which has some great views. We went early Oct and it was to early so see the leaves change. Late Oct would have been better.

Black Rock Mountain State Park is the highest GA State Park. It was nice and has some great views also.

We visited these state parks while there: Black Rock Mountain, Vogel, Amicalola Falls, Moccasin Creek, and Tugaloo. The only one I didnt care for was Moccasin Creek, all the other ones were very nice.

I've heard Cloudland Canyon State Park (NW corner) is really nice also.

Like mudfuel06 said, General Coffee is nice and probably our favorite GA State Park, but I'd visit the northern ones if you want to see fall colors.
I loved Black Rock, we used to stay in the cabins up there. But, if I remember correctly, they have a length limit of about 26' to get up there. We had a 32' TT and it puckered me going up and coming down when the tires would go off the road to avoid traffic.

2007 F250 Lariat Outlaw Edition-High Idle Mod,Sinister Coolant Filter
2001 Coachmen Royal 326RLS
2010 EB Expedition EL-The Wifey's
mudfuel06 is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 07-17-2013, 09:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
69Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Valdosta
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudfuel06 View Post
I loved Black Rock, we used to stay in the cabins up there. But, if I remember correctly, they have a length limit of about 26' to get up there. We had a 32' TT and it puckered me going up and coming down when the tires would go off the road to avoid traffic.
I didn't know anything about a length limit. I do remember the roads being steep and windy That would be something to check into for sure.

2010 F250 Cabela's Edition FX4, 6.4L, 3.55LS.
2011 Palomino Throroughbred 828RLS travel trailer.


"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting to have lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" Benjamin Franklin
69Stang is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 10-15-2013, 04:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
Bill Kay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Carrollton,Ga
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
One of our favorite fall places is actually in Alabama. Fort Payne to be exact. It is Desoto Falls State Park. It is in the foothills of the Appalation Mountains and it is absolutely beautifully. We were up there this past weekend and the colors are just starting. FYI the Little River Canyon National Park was closed due to the Govt. shutdown....retarded politicians!
Bill Kay is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 12-31-2013, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
Ajc722's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Lakeland fl
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just got back from putting 1200 miles on the truck and TT. Lakeland fl to Stone Mtn. Then to Helen Ga. Found a spot at the Unicoi State Park. Nothing but pleased with the performance of the truck. 3:55's. Didn't lug or strain once. Even ventured up steep Mtn roads. Only gripe is the 10 mpg towing north. With a slight improvement south to 11.5. 8500 lbs TT 70 to 75 the whole way. Any truth to he rumors of 13 towing from some of these forums? Either way, awesome trip and a awesome truck.

12 250 cc 4x4 3:55, 325/60/18 XD Cranks. Stock suspension.
Ajc722 is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 01-03-2014, 08:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
mudfuel06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Florida
Posts: 335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajc722 View Post
Just got back from putting 1200 miles on the truck and TT. Lakeland fl to Stone Mtn. Then to Helen Ga. Found a spot at the Unicoi State Park. Nothing but pleased with the performance of the truck. 3:55's. Didn't lug or strain once. Even ventured up steep Mtn roads. Only gripe is the 10 mpg towing north. With a slight improvement south to 11.5. 8500 lbs TT 70 to 75 the whole way. Any truth to he rumors of 13 towing from some of these forums? Either way, awesome trip and a awesome truck.
We were up at Stone Mountain the 26th thru the 29th. It poured on us Saturday, but it was still a great place to camp. We'll go back during the summer when it warms up some.

2007 F250 Lariat Outlaw Edition-High Idle Mod,Sinister Coolant Filter
2001 Coachmen Royal 326RLS
2010 EB Expedition EL-The Wifey's
mudfuel06 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome