clean camper - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Camping/RV's Discuss camping, RV equipment and locations.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
clean camper

Ok so I had the front corner of our toyhauler repaired and I am looking for something to bring back the new white look to the old part. Do you guys have any suggestions on what to use. (Wax or polishing compound) This is for fiberglass. The part that they replaced is bright white and the old part is just old yellowish tinge to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 11:32 AM

No personal experience but I've read a lot about the 303 Aerospace Protectant being used on older fiberglass..... Recreation Vehicle - RVs

You can get it at most auto parts or Camping World...on on line.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:35 AM

Here's a link about bringing back older fiberglass, in particular..... 303 Aerospace Protectant - Restoring Gelcoat Fiberglass
Old 11-16-2012, 11:38 AM

this may help ?

Finished the trailer!!
Old 11-29-2012, 03:43 PM

So is this "303 Protectant" to bring back the shine to the old looking fiberglass. Or is this used after as a sealant/wax?

I read the link to the rv forum and it said something about rubbing/polishing compound.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:55 PM

I like to use Meguiar's PlastX. Most use it to restore headlight lenses. I use it on my 5th wheel once a year. Its a clear plastic Cleaner & Polish but works great. Walmart is the cheapest place I found to buy it. Try a small area first and you will see what I mean. Works on windows too. The 303 Protectant has been used for many years in marine aplication (fiberglass boats and inflatables) I have tried all sorts of stuff on my boat and RV and prefer Maguires PlastX.

Last edited by skipper h; 11-29-2012 at 04:44 PM. Reason: add
Old 11-29-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAD6160 View Post
So is this "303 Protectant" to bring back the shine to the old looking fiberglass. Or is this used after as a sealant/wax?

I read the link to the rv forum and it said something about rubbing/polishing compound.
I haven't personally used it....just read about it on a number of different RV forums. It's sold at Camping World so must be a common product for RVs. My understanding is that it's kind of like a sealant/polish that's good to bring back the luster on old RVs, boats, etc. and to protect the newer RVs, boats, etc. so that they don't get that "chalky" look. See this link... Does 303 replace Wax on Fiberglass?

They also seal your vinyl graphics.....the suggest applying 303 Protectant on the decals before waxing your RV to keep the color from coming off or to resist fading of the vinyl graphics.... 303 Aerospace Protectant - Vinyl Decals on RVs, Motorhomes and Cars

See this link for all recreational vehicle uses...... Recreation Vehicle - RVs

I like the idea of wipe on, wipe off!
Old 12-20-2012, 04:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

One of my friend said they use bowl and dish detergent etc. Says that's the best things they ever discovered to de-grease and fresh the devices before being put to use. They get crazy looks when they go into a food market and get several situations of it at once.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:59 PM

Little update:

Started cleaning up the exterior this past weekend. The product I used was Meguiars Marine Light Oxidation Remover (I think it's #44). Basically just a compounding material. Took me 9 hrs of actual working time and 1 bottle (@16oz.) to do the 30' camper. Here are a few pics. !/2 of the front is done in the two pics. I will post more also. I still need to work on the tire impression on the back, but probably not gonna come much cleaner.
Attached Thumbnails
clean camper-0312131618.jpg   clean camper-0312131619.jpg   clean camper-0313130756a.jpg   clean camper-0313130756b.jpg  
Old 03-18-2013, 01:01 PM
7.3 4 Ever! Nothing else!

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
ohhhhhh shinny!!!!!!!!! Looks good, how does your hand feel or did you use a buffer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.