New to me Fifth wheel - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Camping/RV's Discuss camping, RV equipment and locations.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2007, 05:54 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New to me Fifth wheel

Alright fellas, the wife's on her way to go look at it, the banks already approved me on it for almost $20,000 and I've got the dealer talked down to $13,950, I hope the wife likes it. Dandy RV > Hidden > Inventory Details
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2007, 06:10 AM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Looks pretty nice! Good luck with the war department Im sure she will like it lol
Old 07-16-2007, 06:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
holy crap that thing is nice.... wish i could get a trailer like that here in cali for that cheap..this is off topic but will a used toy hauler usually run around that price? i just got back from pismo and i hate having to pack crap up like tents etc.... and my daughter also needs a better place to go to the bathroom not those overused andy gumps lol..... im really looking into a toy hauler now but not sure how big to go... dont want to go to big and not too small... and do i got fight wheel or hitch? sorry for the hijack
Old 07-16-2007, 06:13 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
Ohhh, that looks much nicer than the other one you were looking at in another thread.. I bet she likes it ... lol
Old 07-16-2007, 06:14 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
That's an excellent deal and a great looking 5er! What are some of the specs on it? I see the two slides, what is the gross on the unit? I also see it has an extended pin box, which is a requirement for a short bed... Let us know what she thinks!
Old 07-16-2007, 06:31 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3pwrstroke View Post
holy crap that thing is nice.... wish i could get a trailer like that here in cali for that cheap..this is off topic but will a used toy hauler usually run around that price? i just got back from pismo and i hate having to pack crap up like tents etc.... and my daughter also needs a better place to go to the bathroom not those overused andy gumps lol..... im really looking into a toy hauler now but not sure how big to go... dont want to go to big and not too small... and do i got fight wheel or hitch? sorry for the hijack
Raul,
Good luck on that. Toy haulers are quite expensive and even used are about the same price as some of the new ones... It also depends on how much "stuff" you need to bring along. I have owned both and the 5ers are much more stable when you're towing. I'd strongly suggest it, but that's a personal decision. Things to think about: lift, weight distribution, gross weight (rig and trailer), sway control, etc. Also, bear in mind that your F250 likely grosses out around 20,000. If your truck is 8,000, that leaves you with 12,000 for the gross on your trailer. That will limit your trailer choices. While some people tow more, insurance won't cover you if something happens...
Old 07-16-2007, 06:46 AM

Looks pretty nice.... The one pictured in my garage was new... The wife and I had been looking at various trailers for months... I finally just kinda made up "our" minds and told her I had already put the down money on it so we might as well finish the paperwork ... We'll be taking it up to the Grand Canyon next month...

I'm sure the Mrs. will like it... Simply put either a Riese or Husky 16k slider hitch in and you're good to go... I can't turn sharp enough in mine to get the trailer anywhere near the cab... Now reverse is obviously a different story but I've never had to have the slide to the rear when I was moving forward....

Keep us up to date...

Ken....
Old 07-16-2007, 07:15 AM

alright fellas, THANKS for the positive input, I've got a friend who's bought 2 used fifth wheels from this dealership and he's had good look out of both of them, he flat out told me that they don't sell used junk, not quit sure on the specs, I know it's 32' but don't know anything about the weight, Keystone doesn't make this model Sprinter any more and I have'nt seen any specs anywhere, I'll look inside the cabinet door when I go to get it (hopefully) and see what the sticker says
Old 07-16-2007, 07:18 AM

Just got off the phone with the salesman and he said the only thing visibly wrong with this unit is a hairline crack in the front sliding mirror door for the bedroom closet, if that's the only problem then I'm going to get it!
Old 07-16-2007, 07:21 AM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
Looks good! I'd buy it anyways
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.