How long will frig n electric last on battery - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Camping/RV's Discuss camping, RV equipment and locations.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2010, 04:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How long will frig n electric last on battery

only, my frig is set up will run on 110, my gen r battery power, question is if left unplugged n did not turn the battery disconnect, how long before the batteries would be done n could not start the gen to power up everything, am going to a bike rally wednesday to set up, gen will be goin all nite, thurs morn bout 5:30am have to leave to go to work the next 2 days, so will not be back till approx 5pm on friday, should i just turn the battery disconnect when i leave thurs? some perishable stuff in frig but kept last yr, set up a dual battery last week though, but 1st batt is gettin old so not as strong any more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Serving Our Country!

mine only lasted a few hours. if yours has the option to run on propane thats what i would do.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:37 PM

propane for sure it'll last longer...
Old 07-12-2010, 02:09 PM

so, how do u get it on to the propane, tried that last yr, stuff was just cool upon returning 2 days later, of course turn on the propane, i checked everything, readout on the frig to automatic, n killed the gen.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

on my two 60 lb tanks i can go camping for 2 weeks with fridge running off propane and no power just water hook up. also cooking 3 times a day. and your fridge should have a knob under it or beside just turn it to propane. and my sparker doesnt work so all i do is go outside to other side of fridge and pull cap off where pilot light is supposed to be and light it myself while someone is pushing the ignite button inside the trailer.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

fourx, shut off the gas at the bottle, remove the gas tube for the refrig and spray some choke cleaner into the orifice. If cleaner does not immediately start dripping out you have found the problem, just stand the tube upright and let the choke cleaner sit for as long as it takes to dissolve the crud in the orifice; if it is really plugged up and the cleaner does not work you may have to use a very small drill to poke the crud away but you do have to be very careful to not enlarge the hole. Put it all back together, and be sure to soap the connection after you turn the gas back on, hopefully this is all the problem is. Should the refrigerator still not get cold try selecting -gas- on the panel and see if that is the problem.

In every rv we have had either cleaning or manually selecting gas was the fix-hope yours is the same, as yours gets cold on battery my money is that the fix is simple.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:13 PM

Dry ice. a few lbs will keep everything good and cool for a couple days.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Cruisin around the forum and saw this thread. Any of you runnin 6v batteries? I have 4 of em in my 40foot 5er. 2 of the 6v batteries run in series to make 12v is said to be like havin 4 - 12v batteries. My trailer will go 2 days on those batteries and still start the gen even with the furnace runnin.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:17 AM

Have a trailer in the shop like that. He has 4 also. It's a New Horizon. Two pair of 6V in a parallel series. It seemed pretty powerful but his needed cleaning badly and the wiring could've been done better. Not too many like that though.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
It's absolutely the best setup ever. The power is amazing and the 6v batteries hold a charge really well in series like that.

I converted my own cause it seems like the dealer just wants to get ya out the door fast rather than doin it right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.