A cool story about a good guy that saved my butt. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Camping/RV's Discuss camping, RV equipment and locations.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up A cool story about a good guy that saved my butt.

I have a cool story. Over the memorial weekend I went camping in Coosbay OR with my family. On monday it was time to leave, my truck started, then immidiately died. I couldnt figure out what was keeping it from running. I replaced the CPS and tried, still no luck. While I was at NAPA in Coosbay (thank god they were open) I ran into a saint. His name is Rob Gourley and he is a heavy equipment/ aviation mechanic that happens to be a Ford Diesel enthusiast. He took time out of his memorial day to come save my *** by using his diagnostic software. He found out that my FICM, (Fuel Injection Control Module) had went out. HE JUST HAPPENED TO HAVE A SPARE IN HIS WORK TRUCK! I offered to pay him shop rate for coming out to save the day. He didnt want any money but I made him take 100. He gave me his FICM which is a dealer only part at for it goes for around a grand. He gave it to me on good will, I found another used one (the only one in oregon in a used parts warehouse) and sent it to him yesterday. The world needs more Rob Gourleys. Because of this, I dont feel used for constantly being the guy that always has to help move, help fix the car, help build something... It is good to be good to people and go out of your way to help someone in need. We as a culture need to instil some old school charictor back into the society. Everyone is so full of hate and dispize, its consuming our generation. If you read this, appreciate helping people. its good for your sole and it rubs off onto your family and friends and random others you will meet throughout your life. Be good and walk in the light. Treat others like you want to be treated. And always remember, respect isnt given, its earned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Still Alive

Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
Great story! I agree there should be more people like that in the world.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

That is a GREAT story.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonStroker View Post
I have a cool story. Over the memorial weekend I went camping in Coosbay OR with my family. On monday it was time to leave, my truck started, then immidiately died. I couldnt figure out what was keeping it from running. I replaced the CPS and tried, still no luck. While I was at NAPA in Coosbay (thank god they were open) I ran into a saint. His name is Rob Gourley and he is a heavy equipment/ aviation mechanic that happens to be a Ford Diesel enthusiast. He took time out of his memorial day to come save my *** by using his diagnostic software. He found out that my FICM, (Fuel Injection Control Module) had went out. HE JUST HAPPENED TO HAVE A SPARE IN HIS WORK TRUCK! I offered to pay him shop rate for coming out to save the day. He didnt want any money but I made him take 100. He gave me his FICM which is a dealer only part at for it goes for around a grand. He gave it to me on good will, I found another used one (the only one in oregon in a used parts warehouse) and sent it to him yesterday. The world needs more Rob Gourleys. Because of this, I dont feel used for constantly being the guy that always has to help move, help fix the car, help build something... It is good to be good to people and go out of your way to help someone in need. We as a culture need to instil some old school charictor back into the society. Everyone is so full of hate and dispize, its consuming our generation. If you read this, appreciate helping people. its good for your sole and it rubs off onto your family and friends and random others you will meet throughout your life. Be good and walk in the light. Treat others like you want to be treated. And always remember, respect isnt given, its earned.
amen to that brother
Old 06-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Wow, that is AWESOME! Has he signed up here yet?
Old 06-04-2010, 02:34 PM
My 6OH Hates Me

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
great story, I know peolpe that are that way. I try to be when I can
Old 06-05-2010, 05:06 AM

Amen, brother. That's a great story and an awesome testimony!!

Mark
Old 06-05-2010, 05:13 AM
Viking Heavy Diesel

THat is an awesome story man!
Old 06-05-2010, 05:29 AM
Raging Lunatic

That is awesome to hear. It is amazing how just a little bit of kindness will go such a long way.

On a side note: See what happens when you become a conservative? The brethren can just sense it.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:37 AM
I, 1, 2, 1/2, 6

I agree whole heartedly. I try to be that kind of person whenever I can.

its a sad state though when the majority of people feel better about helping someone they've never met in a distant country than helping their own neighbor here at home. We're becoming a weak society and people wonder why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.