Gota New Camper & Truck - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Camping/RV's Discuss camping, RV equipment and locations.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 06:11 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Gota New Camper & Truck

My Wife and I went down to Seguin this past weekend and brought home this:

Its an 05 30' that sleeps 8. Its a big upgrade from out 24' Terry with no slide. It weighs in it just about 8000lbs with my normal load of crap in it. My GMC 1500 did not like this one bit. So we went out last night to look at some diesels and I test drove several used Fords then I test drove this and brought home:

Its an 05 Duramax 2500HD 4x4. Hopefully i wont get banned for getting a Chevy. I am still a Ford guy but i wanted to try out a Duramax and I got a really good deal. I change trucks like I do socks so i thought it couldnt hurt and i can learn more about the chevy diesels. So does any one know some good sites to find out about these things. The best part for me is, it came with a 4 year unlimited mile warranty. Any way just thought i would share. We are hooking the two together Friday morning and heading down to South Padre for Memorial Day so we will see how this truck can handle a 450 mile tug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2010, 06:16 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Sweet setup, Scott! Love the look of the trailer and congrats on the upgrade. Hopefully the Chevy is a good tow vehicle for you. I'm fairly certain you won't hardly feel the trailer back there! You might try Chevy and GMC Duramax Forum which is a sister site to the ORG. Best of luck and keep us posted.

PS. My best friend just traded in his 2007 Dodge with the Hemi on a 2007 Chevy with the Duramax. He absolutely LOVES it.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:18 AM
Unapologetically American

shoulda kept the Ford . The Max's run well though, and pull good too. I like that camper more
Old 05-25-2010, 06:24 AM
Premium Member

Yeah I was wishing i had kept my 03 F350 when we drug the camper home. Then when I got home my bro. in law had to rub it in by noticing how well the truck and camper would have matched because they were the same colors. I let my wife pick out the camper so when she showed me the 30'er i was like he!! yeah lets get it.. I knew i would probably be able to work a new truck in the deal, lol.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:29 AM

The truck will be a fine puller for that camper. I just hate the front suspension . Don't go shunning the ORG now that you're a chevy owner.... for now anyway
Old 05-25-2010, 07:03 AM
Premium Member

NO way. This site helped me so much with my stroke. Im not done with Fords in no way. I may convert my old '73 to a 7.3 IDI who knows, lol.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuesse View Post
NO way. This site helped me so much with my stroke. Im not done with Fords in no way. I may convert my old '73 to a 7.3 IDI who knows, lol.
The one in your avatar? That would be sweet! Maybe a 6.0, with all the deletes and studs
Old 05-25-2010, 07:21 AM
My 6OH Hates Me

congrats on the new set up
Old 05-25-2010, 07:28 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006PSDSD View Post
The one in your avatar? That would be sweet! Maybe a 6.0, with all the deletes and studs
Yeah thats my baby. I bought that truck from the origional owner, i literally spent most of my teenage years running around with the owners son in it. Then it came up for sale i jumped on it. I bought it for $175 because they didnt want to fix the timing chain. I poped a chain kit in and it fired right up. Iv since added new manifolds, wheels, tires, Flowmaster exhaust and front glass. Right now its on hold because we have a baby on the way. The 360 is wore slap out so im trying to figure out what i want to do with it. I was hoping one day i might come across a 7.3 donor truck.

Last edited by smuesse; 05-25-2010 at 07:42 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuesse View Post
Yeah thats my baby. I bought that truck from the origional owner, i literally spent most of my teenage years running around with the owners son in it. Then it came up for sale i jumped on it. I bought it for $175 because they didnt want to fix the timing chain. I poped a chain kit in and it fired right up. Iv since added new manifolds, wheels, tires, Flowmaster exhaust and front glass. Right now its on hold because we have a baby on the way. The 360 is wore slap out so im trying to figure out what i want to do with it. I was hoping one day i might come across a 7.3 donor truck.
That would be sweet to drop a diesel in it, just make sure the suspension can handle the weight. Orrrr, drop a 390 in it, that's a great engine

I had a friend in HS that used to drive those style trucks. He went through 3 of them IIRC (drives like an idiot). They all had the rot hole through the floorboards, which made great spitter holes for the Copenhagen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.