head count - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Camping/RV's Discuss camping, RV equipment and locations.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2007, 07:22 PM
<<---"Shadow"---

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to sea71
head count

If you pull a camper ofany size, let me hear from you. Just curious who camps and what they camp in. I will start. We camp about 6 times a year mostly at the beach,and we pull a 26 ft prowler fifth wheel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Send a message via MSN to EJS
I try to get the wife and kids out at least 6-8 times a year in our 26' 2000 Wildwood bunkhouse 5vr...I prefer beach camping to pad camping anyday..Glendo, Gernsey, Big Mac and Enders are our favorites....

Last edited by EJS; 04-10-2007 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I pull a 40' featherlite car hauler that has the front 22' made up for living quarters and my Jeep fits into the back. I try to get out at least once a month even if it's close to home. We live in a pretty good area for camping since we are only minutes from the Gulf coast and an hour away from some of the best bass fishing lakes in the US. (Sam Rayburn reservoir, Toledo Bend, Lake Livingston, etc.) So there are lots of camping options to choose from. My trailer isn't quite as modern as the new toy haulers but, I can take just about anything I want with me. ATVs, motorcycles, bicycles, golf carts, you name it have found there way into the back of it. Here's some pics, sorry for the mess, took pics right after getting home one day. Let's see what you guys roll in too. It gives me ideas on how I can add to my own setup.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:56 PM
Premium Member

We try to get out at least one weekend a month. Usually it's to the Ocean beaches here in WA state. Once a year we head back to the mid west with it to visit family. We pull a Holiday Rambler 33 ft 5th wheel.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Pull a 30' toyhauler (Fleetwood Tracker) and camp about 10 times per year. We camp a lot at the Mark Twain Forest (Chadwick, MO) and ride the atv's. Also go to Waynoka, OK about twice per year to the sand dunes. Other miscellaneous trips in between. BTW, owtcast that rig looks nice. Looks like plenty of room for the toys.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:33 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
You all don't camp. You have hotel rooms on wheels. I camp in a tent, bath in a river near my camp site. When I camp there is no electricity, or running water. That is camping, some times I don't even have a tent.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:46 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountrysg View Post
You all don't camp. You have hotel rooms on wheels. I camp in a tent, bath in a river near my camp site. When I camp there is no electricity, or running water. That is camping, some times I don't even have a tent.

Its still camping just some do it a little more comfortably than others

I tent camp and RV my friends got a set up the we use to go to the dunes almost exactly like owtcast's when we go together i pull it though hes got a chevy 2500hd 6.0 gasser that gets 4 mpg hooked up to it empty
Old 04-09-2007, 06:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have a 27 foot Ragen Toy Hauler that we take just about everywhere. I love fishing in the high Sierra's and going to the dunes in Glamis, CA.

2005 f350.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:01 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer1014 View Post
Its still camping just some do it a little more comfortably than others

I tent camp and RV my friends got a set up the we use to go to the dunes almost exactly like owtcast's when we go together i pull it though hes got a chevy 2500hd 6.0 gasser that gets 4 mpg hooked up to it empty

I know and what it boils down to is I am jealous because as I am getting older it is getting rougher for me to camp in the style I do. I just keep dreaming of a toy hauler.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:04 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountrysg View Post
I know and what it boils down to is I am jealous because as I am getting older it is getting rougher for me to camp in the style I do. I just keep dreaming of a toy hauler.

I know what you are talkin about there bigcountrysg I wanna get my own too but my buddy is nice enough to let me use his on occasion so its cool for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.