Tow Help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Camping/RV's Discuss camping, RV equipment and locations.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 01:18 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tow Help

I have had my 02 Ex for over a year and was told by a 7.3 owner that it had a performance chip or program in it by the way it drives. I never thought anything of it but now I want to tow a 27' camper and need some help. I want to get things in order and possibly get a programmer to monitor the pyro and trans temp + possibly use a tune for towing and a tune for joy riding. Can anyone explain what I need to do in terms of "I'm not very bright when it comes to programmers/chips"?

I have seen people selling their programmers for a good price but need to get some advice on this especially with my situation.

Any help appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2010, 09:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I would prefer to buy a programmer that was new in the box with directions. I know that sounds obvious but I just want the comfort of having something that will walk me through a set up. Also If the brand is worth a darn they will be more that helpful to help you out over the phone. I have heard that the guys at spartan are great to deal with for the 6.4. The has got to be a well liked tuner for the 7.3. This is a motor I have very little experience with. However I do tow a lot. If I was looking for a tuner I would look for something that was going to make "safe" power for my rig. It is more that just adding a ton of power. There are things to consider like you said like temp but also shift points and so on to handle the power.

Im sorry this is a long post but I hope it helps.

Deano
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.