Nor Cal Lifted Truck Shops recommendations - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 01:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nor Cal Lifted Truck Shops recommendations

Hey guys,

I have a lifted F250 that I need servicing on and I do not know where to take it here in NorCal Bay Area (east bay). I need to replace what sounds to be the U joint in the front axle. I regularly hear a popping sound in the front driver side axle when I go up or down a sidewalk ramp and have the wheel slightly turned. I also hear a weird grinding sound when I do a full left turn to bust a U turn.
I went to a 4x4 shop in Concord and not so sure how I felt about the guy. He has a huge Jeep bias (that is mostly what he works on) saying that lifted trucks are basically worthless for any type of offroading. Regardless, I asked him to take a look at my truck and asked how much it would cost to replace the U joint and he did not even quote me on that bc he basically said he needed to replace EVERYTHING in the front end bc Super Duties are not able to handle such suspension/tires. I wonder then why are there so many lifted F250s?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2013, 03:13 PM

That guy obviously does not want your business...
Old 03-24-2013, 10:55 PM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Guy is an idiot
Old 03-24-2013, 11:00 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Re: Nor Cal Lifted Truck Shops recommendations

Its probably due to the "fact" that jeeps can run 35"+ tires with absolutely no power issues, having to regear, cut fenders or change out for a better torque converter

That's why he is biased... jealous bastards

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 05-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Serving Our Country!

stay away from les scwabs they went really down hill lately... my tie rods were out and tey tried telling me I needed new balls joints up/ down on both sides and all new junk... I was to lazy to test until that happened... have you heard of anyones off road in fairfield ca? they're good price and honest work. and central 4wd in sac would be farther but good shop. when I lived in idaho they have one close in washington went to all the time.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinOOO9 View Post
stay away from les scwabs they went really down hill lately... my tie rods were out and tey tried telling me I needed new balls joints up/ down on both sides and all new junk... I was to lazy to test until that happened... have you heard of anyones off road in fairfield ca? they're good price and honest work. and central 4wd in sac would be farther but good shop. when I lived in idaho they have one close in washington went to all the time.
Anyones offroad is the name of the shop?
Old 07-17-2013, 05:31 PM

Dunno if your still looking but check out Left Coast Diesel, or NorCal Trucks in Livermore.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:01 PM
Super Duper Duty

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad103 View Post
Anyones offroad is the name of the shop?
Yes right off of 80. I had my front end repaired there on my old 7.3. Tie rod ends axle seals. Good people

Old 08-24-2013, 08:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad103 View Post
Hey guys,

I have a lifted F250 that I need servicing on and I do not know where to take it here in NorCal Bay Area (east bay). I need to replace what sounds to be the U joint in the front axle. I regularly hear a popping sound in the front driver side axle when I go up or down a sidewalk ramp and have the wheel slightly turned. I also hear a weird grinding sound when I do a full left turn to bust a U turn.
I went to a 4x4 shop in Concord and not so sure how I felt about the guy. He has a huge Jeep bias (that is mostly what he works on) saying that lifted trucks are basically worthless for any type of offroading. Regardless, I asked him to take a look at my truck and asked how much it would cost to replace the U joint and he did not even quote me on that bc he basically said he needed to replace EVERYTHING in the front end bc Super Duties are not able to handle such suspension/tires. I wonder then why are there so many lifted F250s?
Nor Cal Muffler and Truck In Stockton does decent work, a lot of lifted trucks going through there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.