Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1997 F250 7.3L Cali smog exempt & 2003 VW W8 4Motion 6-speed MT FS/FT for SUV

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  MontereyDave 
#1 ·
I absolutely love my recently acquired base model 1997 F250 XL Powerstroke 7.3 liter turbo-diesel with auto/overdrive which is the last year of smog exempt for diesels in CA as I'm sure you are all aware of. And, I love my 8-cyl, AWD, stickshift ultra-rare 2003 VW.

I've owned dozens of vehicles in my life of 45-years but these two are my favorites. However, my wife has all of her senses heightened due to some chemo medications, radiation therapy, brain surgery, etc. and she wants me to sell or trade them both in order to get a plushy, soft, quiet, comfortable SUV with automatic transmission. She hates the loud diesel, bumpy HD suspension F250 and the harsh acceleration and and shifting about nature of a manual transmission of the W8 Passat.

So under great duress I am reluctantly selling or trading both.

Please call Dave if you're interested in buying either the truck for $3,900 or the car for $10,500 or have a reliable SUV to trade for either the truck or the car or both for approximately $14,400 with room to offer/receive cash to go up or down a little from $14,400. SUVs we are interested in include but are not limited to: Lincoln Aviator, Mercury Mountaineer, Explorer/Expedition Eddie Bauer, Saab 9-7X, Buick Rainier, Lexus 300RX, Acura RDX, VW Touareg, Nissan Pathfinder LE, Cadillac SRX or Escalade (not ESV), Chevy Trailblazer SS or Envoy Denali, Chevy Tahoe/GMC Yukon (not Suburban or XL), Mercedes ML350, ML500, ML55, BMW X5 or X3, Subaru Tribeca, Volvo XC90, possibly 4-dr crew cab pickup i.e. Ford F150 Lariat, F150 Harley Davidson or Chevy/GMC Silverado Denali, Dodge Ram King or Crew Cab, etc.

The VW also has 31-months and 29K miles of coverage remaining in a transferable comprehensive warranty if the new owner chooses to add $1,500 to the purchase price of $10,500 ($12K with warranty).

Thanks,

Dave C.
Monterey
(831) 238-0856

Additional details on the F250 7.3L: heavy duty, commercial use, fleet maintained base model XL without air cond, no power windows, no power locks, no CD, no cruise control; it is very plain Jane in Oxford White but it is in excellent mechanical condition, RUNS AND DRIVES GREAT! It has two fuel tanks, two batteries, power steering, ABS brakes, AM/FM, a decent gray bench seat and a Pendaliner bed liner. Here's a slideshow of pics of the F250:

1997 Ford F250 Powerstroke 7.3 Liter Turbo-diesel Photo Gallery by MontereyDave at pbase.com

Additional details on the W8 4Motion 6MT:

Our W8 may appeal to you if you like a stickshift manual transmission coupled with a marvelous 8-cylinder and excellent traction thanks to its all-wheel drive (4Motion). Our car shares more DNA with Audi than its actual manufacturer VW, evident by the 4-ring Audi logos on most of the AWD suspension components. Our W8 is very similar to the 2002-2004 Audi A6 4.2 V8 and the Audi RS6 which is considered rare with 8,000 produced 2002-2004. Our W8 is significantly rarer though. VW produced less than 5,000 W8 wagon and sedans from 2002-2004 of which only 424 were 6-spd manual transmissions. Passatworld.com confirmed that our W8 is amazingly rare. Of the 424, only nine were 2003 sedans in Indigo Blue. Of those nine, only two had beige leather (the other 7 had grey leather). So, our W8 is actually 1 of 2 produced.

Beyond the exclusivity, our W8 is in perfect condition. It is low mile for the year (86K miles). It has always been garaged so the Navy blue paint is beautiful. It has always had Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil (confirmed by email with previous owner). And, it has nearly every single conceivable original VW OEM part accessory and option (except the roof rack load bars) i.e. VW OEM iPod connector, VW OEM rear window sunshade and rear side window sunshades (similar to Mercedes S-Class, BMW 7-Series, and Audi A8). I also obtained a $350 Dalan European trailer hitch which is very rare because it is designed to be compatible with the W8 Passat's dual 2-tip exhaust (completely different than the other 80,000 2002-2004 Passats) and I paid a professional trailer hitch company $150 to install the hitch even though it has never been used even once. It's convenient for attaching a hitch-mounted bicycle rack or for pulling a small camper trailer, motorcycle or jet-ski trailer, etc. There's a myriad of special features that differentiate a W8 from other Passats (the V6, turbo-4 and TDi turbo-diesel versions). I'll be glad to point them out to you inside and out but some that are definitely worth mentioning include the HID projector beam headlights with pop-up headlamp washer sprayer guns, the plush front seats with adjustable heaters and multiple driver memory settings for the driver's seat, a higher grade leather seats and leather door panels, additional chrome trim inside and out, aluminum trim around the gauges, etc. Our W8 also has an excellent set of Continental tires identical its OEM tires. Here's a link to a gallery with even more pics of our W8 (some of these pics were taken at Laguna Seca but only because it is a scenic backdrop - our W8 has NEVER been raced, tracked, auto-crossed, or abused in any way whatsoever):

RARE 2003 VW W8 Passat 4Motion 6-speed manual transmission Photo Gallery by MontereyDave at pbase.com

Please call me at 831-238-0856 if you'd like to see our F250 and/or W8 in person or discuss any details concerning the values of our two vehicles and compensation for the difference in values.

Thanks again,

Dave C.
Monterey
(831) 238-0856

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.