99 7.3 6 speed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 11:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation 99 7.3 6 speed

Got a 99 7.3 l with a six speed with 119k on it im trying to sell it for 17k
everyone seems to think im being really unreasonable on my price. Any tips or ideas?
I know of a couple peoplewho have been paying more than im asking for trucks with more milage. Really confused. Six speeds are hard to find with the 7.3 with this many miles

Help me out guys
-mtchell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

What spec is your truck? I'm looking for a '99-'03 7.3 CCSB 4x4 with a 6-spd. I'd like to find a XLT+, but it seems like all the 6-spds are XLs...
Old 09-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm an owner of a 99 f350 with the 6 speed manual Thats an XLT. I'm actually looking for another diesel truck. Personally I think 17k for your truck is high but looking at everything out there everyone thinks these diesels are made of gold. lol I love them and think it's great for resale but when I'm looking at an 2008 6.4l F350 4d dually king ranch for 21,900 your 99 is a little high priced. KBB it only 10k. High retail for yours is 12,500. I bought my truck when it was 6 years old with 100k mile on it for 16,500. I have owned 4 diesel trucks 3 powerstrokes and ready to buy another. If your truck was 12 I'd buy it.
On the other hand I've been looking at 7.3 (99-03) and your about in the same boat everyone else is with price for that truck. Just depends on how quick you want to sell it.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:51 PM

been a while since i last looked at this post,
i have pretty much given up on my selling my truck which is probably a good
thing anyway i finally have it set up they way i like it and
figure why sell it, its a perfectly good truck.

thanks anyhow guys.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:42 AM

Well to put it in perspective for you, I'm a few days away from buying a 99 ZF6 supercab for <11k. Its got 150k miles on it and its in pretty great shape otherwise... So ya 17 might be a bit steep unless you've got some serious work done to it.

On the other hand, what would you get to replace that truck? You'll probably just end up wishing you never sold it, so good choice on deciding to keep it.

In all reality, I will probably NEVER sell this truck. Sure I might get a newer one, but this thing will always be a work beast. Should the engine ever go I'll just swap in another one and get 500k more miles out of it. No matter what there's always **** that needs fixing on a vehicle, so might as wrench on something you love.

However, if you change your mind and are willing to sell it for a more reasonable price, PM me within the next 3 days
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
6 speed, 7.3, powerstroke

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.