BPD Rocks!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
BulletProofDiesel.com Advertisement Bullet Proof Diesel.com/Neal Technologies

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Still Alive



 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Silverdale, WA
Posts: 27,574
Thanks: 5
Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
BPD Rocks!!

I called them simply about the cost of a FICM rebuild. Instead I was chosen for a a BETA test of their 7 pin FICM. The beast showed up in a timely manner and looked too good to go in my truck.



We ended up installing it after a 200+ mile tow. My stock FICM was down to 23V on that tow. We got it done in the campground parking lot. Sorry no pictures. On the way home it never dropped below 47.5V! The only code that I am throwing is a soft code for FICM software incompatibility. That is completely expected since I was running a four pin and they were nice enough to include the logic board.

I will say this KEN and GENE ROCK!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 09-24-2012, 08:35 PM
Serving Our Country!


 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Groton Long Point, CT
Posts: 4,416
Thanks: 65
Thanked 108 Times in 91 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thanks for no pics. No need for everyone to see my hungover azz in flip flops perched awkwardly on your truck. The picture you do have doesn't even show how much that thing shines.

Glad to hear the trip home was uneventful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 09-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Butte, ND
Posts: 1,132
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I emailed them about possibly beta testing one, no response. I have a 7 pin, and I am in North Dakota so it will get some good cold weather testing, plus I'm still skepical about the unit, so what a better person to make a believer out of with honest feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 09-24-2012, 08:53 PM
Still Alive



 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Silverdale, WA
Posts: 27,574
Thanks: 5
Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
Rick give you me your addy and I will throw my old one back in so you can beta test mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 09-24-2012, 08:58 PM
Serving Our Country!


 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,491
Thanks: 77
Thanked 38 Times in 27 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Umm...Josh, I know you have good intentions, but wasn't your old FICM letting the voltage drop to 22-23v?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 09-24-2012, 08:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Butte, ND
Posts: 1,132
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoaststrokin View Post
Rick give you me your addy and I will throw my old one back in so you can beta test mine.
No, no yours seams like it has more issues than mine, mine will only drop to 46v from time to time. I may wait and pick one up when they become available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Butte, ND
Posts: 1,132
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselmatt View Post
Umm...Josh, I know you have good intentions, but wasn't your old FICM letting the voltage drop to 22-23v?
My thoughts exactly, I was just hoping they where beta testing more than one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:22 PM
Serving Our Country!


 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,491
Thanks: 77
Thanked 38 Times in 27 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm planning to order mine in the next week or so!

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:54 PM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 700
Thanks: 1
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjstepp View Post
My thoughts exactly, I was just hoping they where beta testing more than one.
We are Josh. But we have a very limited supply. I get hundreds of emails everyday from people I don't know asking for all kinds of things. So we try to be selective in who we offer product to.

A few of the criteria that we look for in beta testers are people that are committed to the online forums. We look at active involvement with the online community, technical skills, reasonability, and unbiased feedback. Another factor we consider is regional usage. Post count also plays a role in who we select for obvious reasons. Finally, we are very pro military service and will bend over backwards to help our servicemen and service women.

Our goal is to produce the best products available, and honest, open feedback helps us do this. Generally, moderators on the forums have been our first choice for beta testing in real world conditions outside of our direct control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 09-25-2012, 07:01 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Butte, ND
Posts: 1,132
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFab67 View Post
We are Josh. But we have a very limited supply. I get hundreds of emails everyday from people I don't know asking for all kinds of things. So we try to be selective in who we offer product to.

A few of the criteria that we look for in beta testers are people that are committed to the online forums. We look at active involvement with the online community, technical skills, reasonability, and unbiased feedback. Another factor we consider is regional usage. Post count also plays a role in who we select for obvious reasons. Finally, we are very pro military service and will bend over backwards to help our servicemen and service women.

Our goal is to produce the best products available, and honest, open feedback helps us do this. Generally, moderators on the forums have been our first choice for beta testing in real world conditions outside of our direct control.
Trust me I understand, was more just taking a shot in the dark basicly when I emailed bpd to see if I could beta test. If I'm not ever selected then by time I do go to upgrade my ficm the betas will have more miles on them and will make my choice easier .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors