Tech support Q please - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
BulletProofDiesel.com Advertisement Bullet Proof Diesel.com/Neal Technologies

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Tech support Q please

BPD,
I just received your Ext Oil cooler kit for my 2006 6.0L, outstanding craftsmanship! The way you packed the items, and the included instruction manual are top notch. Literally the best customer support, quickest shipping, easiest and most professional set of instructions, I am amazed. Please keep up the good work!

My question: I have a GOGO stage 1 intake, where there is no egr cooler and no re-route kit. The water line coming off the oil cooler is modified by GOGO to accept a 3/8" hose, that runs right back to the overflow bottle up top. Your billet oil cooler housing replacement has a 1" outlet (3/4 inner dia) for the water to go back to the egr cooler. I removed the port and replaced it with the exact same port but with a 3/8 outlet(1/4 inner or just a shy more). I just wanted to make sure this would not create any issue. The water coming out of that port is not under a ton of pressure is it? It was directly routed to the overflow bottle before with the GOGO kit and I could see the water does not flow with much more pressure then a std garden hose, but I just wanted to make sure, with your kit, without the water going through the old oil/water cooler, it is not under a ton of pressure, or need to be so free flowing that me clamping it down a size on the outlet port will have any negative effects?

Thanks for everything.

Jetjock
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2012, 08:04 AM

This is what I am talking about, it come out of the front engine cover here, and goes right to degas bottle. Gogo sends you a modified piece in picture with male end for that hose, and the hose too. My question is, that water exit on the stock cover, is like a 3/4 ID hose, and on my new BPD cover, it is the same, for me to continue to run this smaller 3/8 ID hose off this port, am i backing up any pressure or doing any negative effects? On my new BPD, i replaced the water exit port with one with a 3/8 out, when it had 1" before, want to make sure that will not cause any issues, see pic below for how it was with gogo

http://forums.gogodiesel.com/attachm...achmentid=1665
Old 05-05-2012, 09:31 AM

found this article, great read:

http://home.comcast.net/~lyon.family...ush%20v1-0.pdf

since i no longer have a oil/water cooler or an EGR cooler, re-routing the flow out of the BPD cover with the 3/8 hose back to the degas bottle seems like it would work just fine.. So I am not worried.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.