6.0 Semi Bullet Proof Kit Installed!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
BulletProofDiesel.com Advertisement Bullet Proof Diesel.com/Neal Technologies

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Thumbs up 6.0 Semi Bullet Proof Kit Installed!!!

Well over the weekend a buddy and myself installed Bullet Proof's Semi Bulletproof kit

Semi Bullet Proof Package

All I have to say is WOW, I'm very impressed with the results . Rolling down the highway at about 70MPH its running much, much cooler, EGT's are around 650/675F compared to 800F from before. Now, I know there are other kits out there for much cheaper, but with this you get what you pay for. I spoke with Gene for a good 30-40 mintues as to why I should pay the extra money and all I can say is that everything went in right the first time, no problems and so far. And as far as performance, goes the truck is running great and cooler

Instructions for installing the new oil cooler were easy to understand with big, clear pics and detailed instructions on whats going on in each pic, I like the fact the kit came with actual Ford Parts gaskets, packaging was very nice, no need to worry about it being damaged on the way to you and returning my core EGR to them was a breeze, just simply put it back in the box the new EGR came in and slap on the return label provided and drop it off at your local FedEx store.......only small complaint I have is that it would have been nice to have instructions on how to remove everything to get to the EGR and oil cooler, as its not for the beginner mechanic by any means, took me and my buddy as a extra of hands a good full day to do the job, would have been even shorter had I not dropped a wrench down the down pipe ...... but other than that I couldn't have been happier or more pleased with the kit .........oh and thanks to Dave for answering some of my hair brain questions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Dont Mess With Texas!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
suweettt

good to hear that
Old 04-11-2011, 10:01 AM
Serving Our Country!

Oh yeah, can't wait to get mine done. Gonna be a while, got a trip coming up. The fact that the kit comes with stock/upgraded stock replacement parts definitely gives you piece of mind. These guys spent a lot of time putting together a top notch product that gives results.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:08 AM
Let's Run'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdCoastStroker View Post
suweettt

good to hear that
Me too, the truck was starting to worry me with the white smoke it was dumping.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSSW View Post
These guys spent a lot of time putting together a top notch product that gives results.
Yeah they do, I really wanted to take pics of everything and do a great write up, but once I realized how intensive it was going to be and the fact I was covered in oil/coolant, really didn't want to touch my camera like that ......also word of advice for those of you DIY's out there.....do some stretching before hand cuz with the hopping on and off the truck and strange positions you're going to be in......you will be sore the next day
Old 04-11-2011, 10:15 AM
Serving Our Country!

[QUOTE=Yeah they do, I really wanted to take pics of everything and do a great write up, but once I realized how intensive it was going to be and the fact I was covered in oil/coolant, really didn't want to touch my camera like that .:[/QUOTE]

You pretty much have to bribe one of your wives/girlfriends friends to work as a photographer for the day.lol.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Let's Run'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSSW View Post
You pretty much have to bribe one of your wives/girlfriends friends to work as a photographer for the day.lol.
Exactly
Old 04-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Congrats and great to hear it, Julian! I know exactly what you mean about being sore... It really makes for a long day when you are laying over the engine bay for hours at a time...

Did you at least get ANY pics???
Old 04-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Waitin for some pics Mr Julian.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
How did you drop a wrench down the DP????

Glad you got it all done bud
Old 04-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Let's Run'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Eye View Post
Congrats and great to hear it, Julian! I know exactly what you mean about being sore... It really makes for a long day when you are laying over the engine bay for hours at a time...

Did you at least get ANY pics???
And it really wouldn't be so bad if there was a place to sit down or get in a comfortable position up on the engine bay, but there is nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by azkcr View Post
Waitin for some pics Mr Julian.
Sorry bud, I was so focused and wanting to get it done, I just kept truckin and didn't stop to take pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006PSDSD View Post
How did you drop a wrench down the DP????
I was putting on the clamp for the up pipes to the turbo with my ratchet wrench, I was ratcheting the $hit out of it, when I lost my grip on it, it flew off and since the DP wasn't attached yet and just chilling right there, it flew right in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.