Dash & tail lights out - HELP! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 07:03 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dash & tail lights out - HELP!

On the way home from the in-laws & 5 minutes after leaving the dash lights go out (& apparently the tail lights as well as a driver at a light told me) - but the brake lights still work, gauges themselves work (I can tell by turning on the dome light) dome light obviously still works, and door switch illumination works, just all the lighting on the dash/steering wheel is out except the clock/radio station display on the stereo. Any ideas?

I pulled the fuse cover, checked everything I could find associated with the instruments but all fuses I checked were good. I couldnt find a fuse for the taillights in the manual so I couldnt check that.

Truck is a 01 4x4 crewcab shortbed 7.3L PSD Automatic.

I have to take the wife to work tomorrow & she start at 5am, need to have lights!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2009, 02:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm having the same problem and its driving me nuts, someone has to know a way to fix this please
Old 02-16-2009, 03:28 PM

Check Fuse#8 turns out the dash lights and taillights are on the same circuit - in my case when one of the taillight bulbs blew out the filaments inside crossed & caused a short, blew 4 more fuses until that bulb was replaced, now it works perfect again... sucks that is cost me $145 for 1.5 hrs of an auto electricians time to diagnose & trace the short down to that bulb.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Built to my standards!

i had this problem on my OBS...fuse looked good but changed it anyways and started workin
Old 03-15-2009, 06:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My switch on my 95 is bad and causes the same symtoms. (started working better since I figured out what it was, got a new switch but haven't installed it yet)

Pull it out hard or jiggle the switch and see if the dash and tailights come on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.