Front leaf spring help!!!!! 1995 f250 7.3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2014, 09:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Front leaf spring help!!!!! 1995 f250 7.3

I have had my 1995 f250 7.3 for about a year now and the front leaf springs are pretty wore out and sagging horribly to the point where I don't want to drive it. I went and looked at them and I think the guy before me tried to lift my truck a cheap way. Instead of the original factory 2 leaf leaf pack in the front there are the 2 original plus and add a leaf with 4 more short leafs after that. The rear springs there is 5 leafs in the pack. I'm riding on 33's. So I'm curious if the guy tried to put a 4 inch lift on this truck the cheap way? I'm looking at buying 4 inch front leave springs from this guy for real cheap and need to know if it won't be a stupid buy. Please help ASAP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2014, 10:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

would def scrap whatever it is you have in the front right now...replace the whole spring...better off with new ones up front but lightly used USED springs..are sketchy...still work though..be sure to get NEW bushings/bolts as well...
Old 02-16-2014, 11:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

But can I buy the 4inch springs this guy is selling? They are brand new, I'm just asking would they work with what it seems like the guy before me seemed to have done a cheap lift?
Old 02-16-2014, 11:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

With the 2.5 inches from the makshift blocks this guy made out of short leafs plus the add a leaf that prolly added 1.5-2 inches to the original leafs I'm just asking if it would make sense if I went ahead and bought the superlift 4 inch leaf springs for the front. He also has superlift shock absorbers on both sides with the dual shock setup. So I'm thinking he must have some short of a lift kit on it because of the superlift shock absorbers. Help please
Old 02-16-2014, 11:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

trying to make sense of this....itd make alot of sense to replace whooped out misc. spring parts that we can all assume add up to 4''....with like new actual springs..yes..probly a good investment because who knows how long that other setup is guna last..
Old 02-16-2014, 11:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It's confusing I know. I just don't want to throw these new springs on and find out it boosts my front end up uncomfortably higher then the rear and be out 180$ I give this guy for them. They are the super lift 4 inch lift front springs brand new. I need springs there is no questioning it I just don't wanna make my truck look retarded let alone waste 180$ on to big springs
Old 02-17-2014, 12:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

All together these springs this guy is selling go for 320$ from the retailer and I'm getting them for 160-180$ so I want to jump on it if it all makes sense
Old 02-17-2014, 12:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ahh.. i see..okay i would get the springs...thats cheap and worth it..if you already think its at least 4'' do it man...worst case you gotta spend 20-60 bucks on some shims or an add a leaf for the rear..but honestly i think the weight will make it look great up front...if not..buy them and ill give you 200$ for em if you dont like em
Old 02-17-2014, 12:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Haha yeah man I figured. I talked to a spring guy and he said that it sounds like the owner before me put a poor mans lift on the truck and now I'm dealing with it. Ill go ahead and get them. I'll let you know how it goes lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.