1996 7.3 F-350 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1996 7.3 F-350

wiring on brake lamp switch gets hot , only when trailer is connected. If you wiggle the wires inside the column it will work for a few min. and then the lights get stuck in the on position once again, the only way to get them to go off is to unplug the switch on the pedal at this point. The plug on the boo switch is melting its getting so hot, but w/o trailer plugged in ,I have no issues, but the only way to make it woirk is to wiggle wires going to the turn sig switch -- any ideas?? my driver is broke down with this issue over 400 miles away and its hard to diagnois without being there, hopefully someone may have run into this before
thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2008, 01:10 PM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
hmm. Not sure if this is any help, but my brake controller was shorting out internally causing the brake lights to stay on, but that also happened with no trailer connected. The only other thing i can think is the wireing on the trailer. Does it have a hot wire to charge a battery for trailer brakes. Maybe the plug or wireing is shorting out and it is sending that constant power to the brake light circut...
Old 06-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I had him cut the wire to the controller , and it still is doing the same, I will have him look at the wiring to the brake away -- thanks for the help
Old 10-26-2008, 01:10 PM

Sounds like the problem is on the trailer end. Check that the break away batterie is not shorting anywhere. I have even seen where bulbs have burned one element and it falls inside the bulb and touches the other element, feeding current from one circuit to the other. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.