Water Leak - Rear of cab - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 11:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Water Leak - Rear of cab

I have a large water leak, it's coming in under the rear window at the big square holes in the cab on the passenger side and drivers side between the cab and bed.

Previous owner had a speaker box installed and they covered the holes with some silver tape with thick black rubber, looks kind of like the stuff you put on the floor board to deaden the sound.

Anyways does anyone know what they factory uses to plug those holes, I thought it was a plastic grill of some sort and what is it called? I assume I can get a set at the dealer but I don't know what to call them. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2012, 06:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

These supposedly are vents that release air pressure when closing the doors. The vents in my truck leak bad. I need to figure something out.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

There are two oval shaped grommets in the back of the cab that should be there. If they aren't you will definitely have a leak.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yes, they are cab vents. It's common practice to remove these vents to allow for a speaker box behind the back seat. I would suggest going to the dealership and ordering new one's. If not, you can get some sheet aluminum and some body sealer(from a paint and body supply shop) and make a patch. DO NOT use silicone or any other type of household sealant. Good luck pal
Old 09-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I forgot to reply back, thanks for the help guys. I went to the dealer and they looked up the part number. Its $20 for the set. I took it to the body shop at the dealer and they pulled the bed, they installed the new ones for $50.
I tried for 3 nights to get the bed off but could not get 2 bolts out, I broke 3 bits, finally gave up and had the body shop do, they also broke 2 bits getting the bolt out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.