No brake lights, ABS flashing, no turn signals - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2011, 10:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No brake lights, ABS flashing, no turn signals

So yesterday I decided to spray off half the state of Utah from my truck after getting home. I did this, and a buddy of mine needed a truck which he had loaded onto my flat bed trailer (Mid-Atlantic 2-axle 12,000lb trailer) dropped off at his uncle's place. I drove over, hooked up the trailer, and let off the clutch... wheelspin (I was on a flat sheet of ice). I got out, locked the hubs, pushed it into 4-wheel, and drove out onto the road. Pushed it back into 2 wheel, got out, unlocked the hubs. Drove down the road, ABS starts flashing. Funny. Then I notice that my turn signals work intermittently. I still have firm brake pedal so I cautiously finish my journey.

Right now these are my symptoms:
1) Brake lights do not come on when you depress the pedal
2) Tail lights come on when headlights are turned on
3) Brake pedal is firm, behaves normally
4) Brake pedal does not deactivate cruise control until I really get on it
5) Turn signals are now completely disabled
6) ABS light continues to flash
7) All fuses check good
8) The red LED on my trailer controller no longer illuminates when pressing the brake pedal

The brake switch came to mind as the bulbs work when the headlamps are on, and that would explain why the brake controller LED stays off and the cruise control will continue to maintain speed and fight the brake.

Some poor bastard is going to hit me if I don't have brake lights or signal indicators. I need my truck this evening for a short trip. Help.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the truck is a 97 F-250 Dana 60 converted with a 5 speed.

Last edited by ekfinn; 02-19-2011 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Forgot to add vehicle info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2011, 08:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Got it figured out. It was absolutely driving me nuts that all this stuff is tied to a single fuse, and the fuse was good. Well, I took the whole fuse panel out, and fidgeted with the wiring... eureka! 15 minutes and a soldering iron did the trick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.