Compression Ignition Addict
Join Date: Jun 2010
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No brake lights, ABS flashing, no turn signals
So yesterday I decided to spray off half the state of Utah from my truck after getting home. I did this, and a buddy of mine needed a truck which he had loaded onto my flat bed trailer (Mid-Atlantic 2-axle 12,000lb trailer) dropped off at his uncle's place. I drove over, hooked up the trailer, and let off the clutch... wheelspin (I was on a flat sheet of ice). I got out, locked the hubs, pushed it into 4-wheel, and drove out onto the road. Pushed it back into 2 wheel, got out, unlocked the hubs. Drove down the road, ABS starts flashing. Funny. Then I notice that my turn signals work intermittently. I still have firm brake pedal so I cautiously finish my journey.
Right now these are my symptoms:
1) Brake lights do not come on when you depress the pedal
2) Tail lights come on when headlights are turned on
3) Brake pedal is firm, behaves normally
4) Brake pedal does not deactivate cruise control until I really get on it
5) Turn signals are now completely disabled
6) ABS light continues to flash
7) All fuses check good
8) The red LED on my trailer controller no longer illuminates when pressing the brake pedal
The brake switch came to mind as the bulbs work when the headlamps are on, and that would explain why the brake controller LED stays off and the cruise control will continue to maintain speed and fight the brake.
Some poor bastard is going to hit me if I don't have brake lights or signal indicators. I need my truck this evening for a short trip. Help.
EDIT: Oh yeah, the truck is a 97 F-250 Dana 60 converted with a 5 speed.
Last edited by ekfinn; 02-19-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Reason: Forgot to add vehicle info