Dent found - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2010, 08:38 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dent found

Hi, I would like to get your feedbacks. Here it goes,

I bought a F-250 Harley Edition powerstroke. I love this truck already and I broke my bank over this which is OK for me. At first it looks so perfect, and I thought there was no dents or whatever. However I do note some rust spot under body which is normal for my area. I'm going to take care of this at my expense.

Maguire Ford dealer in Ithaca, NY made every effort to make my truck look sharp which they did. I had no idea that there was a dent. Two days after pick up my truck I discovered moderate dent with paint peeling off and rust already developed on top of my truck cab. It is easily overlooked by most buyer. I contacted Maguire Ford dealer manager and they made up excuse as "This is cosmetically issue and we are not going to fix it" I was like whoa! this is not cosmetically, this is considered an accident and I wanted it fixed. The size of dent is about 5 inches diameter and approx 1 inch deep with sharp bend in middle. It looks as if 2 by 4 stud had hit it.

I wanted your feedback whether manager should get away with it or not.

DHB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Ive never dealt with this situation and I see it like this if you had found it before you drove off the lot then yeah they should take care of it but for all they know you just did it and it would be hard to prove it was there before you left. Now I hope Im wrong and you can get it taken care of thats just how I see it. Good luck
Old 10-12-2010, 08:56 AM

That part I understand, however there is rust show up, it does not show up just two days. The amount of rust seems to be maybe a month old.

I am waiting to hear from others, thanks for your feedback,

DHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey's250 View Post
Ive never dealt with this situation and I see it like this if you had found it before you drove off the lot then yeah they should take care of it but for all they know you just did it and it would be hard to prove it was there before you left. Now I hope Im wrong and you can get it taken care of thats just how I see it. Good luck
Old 10-12-2010, 09:40 AM
Emergency Services

DHB- first of all, wow. How unfortunate, i really feel for ya bud. Second, you are absolutely right. Even if the truck was struck with something right after you left the lot causing damage like that, I significantly doubt that any kind of rust would form within a two day period. What most likely happened was, did the top to bottom detailing, found it, and based on a badly made decision was let go in hopes that you wouldnt find it until its too late?! If that is indeed the case, how disrespectful. A dealership should bend over backwards and run around in circles for you, the buyer, of a big expensive truck. One thought..possible suggestion..ask for them to check their security cameras with you! Without a doubt, it must pass through one of the shots..and look - DENT OR NO DENT?! My guess is, once you suggest that, they'll just say ok we'll fix it.
Good Luck buddy! and keep us posted.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:57 AM

Is the truck new or used?

If new then you have a case, if used then it will be your issue to fix since it is something you didn't catch upon buying the truck.

good luck
Old 10-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL_PWR View Post
Is the truck new or used?

If new then you have a case, if used then it will be your issue to fix since it is something you didn't catch upon buying the truck.

good luck
Thats the key. If you bought it used, then its your job to check out the truck prior to making the purchase. In most states there is a "curb" law. This means, once you leave the parking lot and break the curb, your an owner. Most states also have a madnatory 30 day or XXX mileage warrenty required on all used vehicle sales unless noted otherwise. This only applies to mechanical breakage, however. Sorry to say it, but I think your stuck with the dent.....
Old 10-12-2010, 10:17 AM

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dereku
yup if it says AS IS on the warranty card that basically means it is up to you. And a dent is not covered under a conventional warranty.

Wish it was though.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotStock View Post
Thats the key. If you bought it used, then its your job to check out the truck prior to making the purchase. In most states there is a "curb" law. This means, once you leave the parking lot and break the curb, your an owner. Most states also have a madnatory 30 day or XXX mileage warrenty required on all used vehicle sales unless noted otherwise. This only applies to mechanical breakage, however. Sorry to say it, but I think your stuck with the dent.....

Actually most states have a Buyers Remorse law in which you have 72 hrs to go back and nullify the deal.

If you are beyond that it is your dime. If you had found it before you purchased it you could have used it as a negotiating point but even then they are not "bound" to fix it.

Chalk it up to experience and get it fixed as soon as you can swing it. In the mean time sand the rust out and get some paint on there to protect it from rusting further.

Anyhow, congrats on the new truck. I'm PGreenSVT and I approved this message.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
Actually most states have a Buyers Remorse law in which you have 72 hrs to go back and nullify the deal.

If you are beyond that it is your dime. If you had found it before you purchased it you could have used it as a negotiating point but even then they are not "bound" to fix it.

Chalk it up to experience and get it fixed as soon as you can swing it. In the mean time sand the rust out and get some paint on there to protect it from rusting further.

Anyhow, congrats on the new truck. I'm PGreenSVT and I approved this message.
Interesting, I though most states were. I know AZ is a curb law state....
Old 10-12-2010, 11:23 AM

Thanks for your feedbacks, yeah I love this baby.

One way or other, I am going to fix it as I do not want any rust on my cab.

I ran into a guy who had his F-250 SD regular cab that got stuck in deep ditch, approximately 4 feet deep. He had somebody with dodge truck that couldn't pull him out so I took it over and I just pulled his SD truck out in no time. Man! glad I got massive power pulling him out.

I think what happen was he may have tried to make u turn on narrow two lanes road with deep ditch on each side, he may have backed up too far.

DHB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.