Paint peel and rust under body - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Paint peel and rust under body

Have an 03 F350 CC. 116K on it. The paint on the hood is peeling and a zit is starting on the roof. Top of doors at the curve are rubbed bare and rusting. RT FRT door bottom corner seam rusting.
Under cab all the cut ends and seams are rusting. Has anyone experienced this type of grief, how was it handled?
Amazingly, the batteries are still original! Replaced alternator this winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2010, 03:15 PM

My 99 with 441,000 is the same way. The truck spent most of its life in the south so salt was not the issue. I have not tackled it yet. Mine the bottom door seam on the drivers side, the rear cab corners and underside of the bed and cab are all rusted. I also have rust above the windshield but the body man said it was from cutting the old window out during replacement and not fixing the scratches before the install of the new one. The frame is bad too but I knew it was going to be when I saw it was coated in wax from the factory.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:24 PM

i would say the best bet for those things would be to just sand down as much as you can and there is a rattle can you can buy i think from duplicolor that is a rust inhibitor, spray that on there once all the rust is gone as much as possible and then you can also get a can of paint from pepboys that will match your factory color, and thn just a clear coat. but this is just kind of a temp fix. it wont fix it forever. haha
Old 08-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Paint peel and rust under body

From the sound of it from you two, neither one has gone to FORD for some accountability. If we have more people with the same/similiar problem, then maybe we can get the geniuses at FORD to fix the problem. Seven plus years old, original batteries and the paint is failing. That is definitely not the sign of a good product (truck that is). Hell of a +++ note for the battery maker.
imo there is no excuse for paint to peel within seven years. Rust should not be a problem in that time as well. "Best selling truck" pretty amazing. Who in hell can afford to trade every 3-5 years?
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.