Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Nat gas-Boone Pickins

5K views 64 replies 14 participants last post by  Offtrack1 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
No, I don't see that happening. He is ******* reatard. There is no way he can force me to use propane and the only reason he wants it done is to make money from his poor business decisions. He needs a bullet in his head.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Wow, thats talkin out your arse if i ever saw it. You obviously know nothing about the man. as stated, a self made billionaire didn't get that way by being a "*******idiot".
"Billionaire" ...thats with 9 - 0s ...can you fathom that, I can't, I'm still working on my first million.
Hide and watch, Pickens knows what hes talking about and he has lots of folks listening...the ones holding the purse strings.
I'm invested in Natural gas also....maybey you would be wise to look into that bandwagon too.

#3 ·
I don't know much about any of that, but I'm gonna say that a self-made billionaire hasn't made a whole lot of poor business decisions.

Plus, he's built our Cowboys a heck of a nice athletic facility!!!:thumb:

But thats about all I know about the guy, so I can't make any educated comments!!!:hehe:

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Wow, thats talkin out your arse if i ever saw it. You obviously know nothing about the man. as stated, a self made billionaire didn't get that way by being a "******* idiot".
"Billionaire" ...thats with 9 - 0s ...can you fathom that, I can't, I'm still working on my first million.
Hide and watch, Pickens knows what hes talking about and he has lots of folks listening...the ones holding the purse strings.
I'm invested in Natural gas also....maybey you would be wise to look into that bandwagon too.
I am not talking about every decision he has made since birth, I am talking about what he is obviously trying to do here. If you want to jump on the bandwagon and make a dollar in exchange for your freedom the go for it. My soul and freedom however is not for sale.

I have had it with liberals, tree huggers, and idiots like this guy that think because they have a dollar and are not afraid to lie they are somebody special and have the right to infringe their believes onto me.

#7 ·
He is trying to push legislation to benefit himself financially through his investments and buddies thus taking your right to choose what type of fuel you use, i.e. freedom. He is no better than al gore.

I don't mean to be a prick. I've been on that obama forum and those idiots got me fired up and I'm ready to bash heads.

#9 ·
yes he is pushing his own agenda....its called free enterprise and if it goes through, we will lighten our dependance on buying oil from the countries that are trying to kill us everyday.
Hes a smart SOB and hes got americas best interest in mind as well.

#13 ·
Since i work in Natural Gas industry, i'm a bit partial. Natural gas will never work for every vehicle out there, but is an awesome fuel source if used right. Also he is more concerned with the big 18-wheelers and such out there. Not so much our trucks. Don't worry Jason, all is well.

#15 ·
The fastest way to get off of Terrist Oil is to drill our own. I say let all energy sources compete for whats the best. I will use whatever works, is cost effective, and is convienent. Let the Free market decide.Can Nat-gas do this?

#20 ·
Natural gas can power more than you think................ I've seen a few large diesel engines on it.

#21 ·
Natural gas works as a supplemental fuel in a diesel. Like propane but better. The cylinder pressures are not as high. And it gives a better MPG increase. Not a complete replacement however.

#23 ·
I would bet T Boon makes money on everything he does. We could shift a large percentage of imported oil to natural gas and propane. Anything we can do to not put money in the hands of countries that hate us is a good thing.
yes or at least he trys. I would like the opportunity to come up with such an idea to better our countries dependence on oil while making a few million off the idea as well.

#26 ·
I don't know if you don't understand english or if your intentionally putting words in my mouth to justify your argument but you not getting what I have been trying to say and so we keep going round and round on various subjects.
I obviously am not understanding your use of the English language
The remark about human fat was just another example. I never said any other them were viable at this time nor did say they made sense economically.
How can you use an example if its not a viable example? We can make tires for cars out of stone like Fred Flinstones but its not a viable solution to rubber tires. Okay, maybe that was a dumb analogy but you get my point.
And by the way, the chemical make up of bio-D from liposucked human fat and Bio-D from rapseed oil is the same in finished product form.
I'm starting to think you don't know anything about your own hobby.
I have never in my lifes used or made Bio-D therefor its not any part of my hobbies.

I also thought it was very humorous when you asked me to answer with "intellegunce" :hehe:
And yet still none....

If he had "our best interests" in mind then he would support an actual renewable source.
Under his plan, natural gas is only a temporary solution to oil dependance....temporary to give us time to further develope a permanent solution like algea. He knows full out that Nat. gas is not renewable but we have LOTS of it and it could buy us many years free of over seas oil while we work on renewable solution.
He is promoting wind energy and thus far has invested over 100 million dollars (of his own money) in wind turbines in the State of OK. Last time i checked, wind was a free natural resource that will not run out...thus can we call that renewable? I think so. Do i think Wind is the answer to the energy crisis, no, but thats a different discussion.

#27 ·
How can you use an example if its not a viable example? We can make tires for cars out of stone like Fred Flinstones but its not a viable solution to rubber tires. Okay, maybe that was a dumb analogy but you get my point.
And by the way, the chemical make up of bio-D from liposucked human fat and Bio-D from rapseed oil is the same in finished product form.
I found this after a 2 second search......
"Biodiesel produced from different source oils will contain different proportions and types of fatty acid chains. This is why biodiesel produced from soybean oil will not have the identical chemical properties of biodiesel produced from canola oil."

Under his plan, natural gas is only a temporary solution to oil dependance....temporary to give us time to further develope a permanent solution like algea. He knows full out that Nat. gas is not renewable but we have LOTS of it and it could buy us many years free of over seas oil while we work on renewable solution.
He is promoting wind energy and thus far has invested over 100 million dollars (of his own money) in wind turbines in the State of OK. Last time i checked, wind was a free natural resource that will not run out...thus can we call that renewable? I think so. Do i think Wind is the answer to the energy crisis, no, but thats a different discussion.
And by pushing legislation in my opinion will severely hamper research and investing into other sources thus making his wallet bigger. I see no other reason to push legislation on a specific source other than to portray other sources as lesser options.

I have never in my lifes used or made Bio-D therefor its not any part of my hobbies.
My bad. I thought you were making it.

And yet still none....
See above

#28 · (Edited)
I found this after a 2 second search......
"Biodiesel produced from different source oils will contain different proportions and types of fatty acid chains. This is why biodiesel produced from soybean oil will not have the identical chemical properties of biodiesel produced from canola oil."
Thats a very gray area... All bio d fuels are fatty acids...yes some contain different amounts thus needing different amounts of sodium hydroxide the break them but they are still fatty acids. The end product is virtually the same.

And by pushing legislation in my opinion will severely hamper research and investing into other sources thus making his wallet bigger. I see no other reason to push legislation on a specific source other than to portray other sources as lesser options.
And just how will it make his walet fatter?
Heres a news flash, it will make yours fatter as well. It will stimulate our economy to some degree...case in point, if you work in the oil field, its possible you have not worked in over a month now. If nat. gas had a higher price on it, the oil companies would be expanding and creating jobs.
Still not sure how this would make Pickens wallet fatter unless hes invested heavily in nat. gas as i am...oh, is it bad that my walter will get thicker if this plays out?
see above
Thats better, some facts rahter than opinion.

#29 ·
Thats a very gray area... All bio d fuels are fatty acids...yes some contain different amounts thus needing different amounts of sodium hydroxide the break them but they are still fatty acids. The end product is virtually the same.
So now it's a gray area and they are virtually the same? WTF? You just told me a couple of times they were the same? So which is it?

And just how will it make his walet fatter?
Heres a news flash, it will make yours fatter as well. It will stimulate our economy to some degree...case in point, if you work in the oil field, its possible you have not worked in over a month now. If nat. gas had a higher price on it, the oil companies would be expanding and creating jobs.
Still not sure how this would make Pickens wallet fatter unless hes invested heavily in nat. gas as i am...oh, is it bad that my walter will get thicker if this plays out?
I'm not saying people or the economy are not going to benefit from it. I am saying that he cares about HIS dollar, not yours, not mine, and not the USA. How will it make his wallet bigger? Lets see, if he says we need to put NG stations every 100 miles across major interstates and that passes then why is anyone else going to invest in algae for instance? That will prolong his "control" over the NG market until we run out of another dino fuel or they make a breakthrough in algae and it becomes economically ignorant to use anything else.

#38 ·
Symbols, i like to debate but I can not debate with someone who brings no facts to back up there story or someone who doesn't understand when they have been beaten and can concede. And i dont debate issues i don't know anything about. Do your homework on Alternative fuels for about a solid 3 years and then come back...i'll be here still.
Its all good man.

#40 ·
Clay, it would behoove you to do a little research on how he got his natural gas money, how he got the land and why he is tied to it.

Its not just a smart billionarie....its a convoluted mess of political favors.

The guy is self-promoting at best.

#43 ·
Clay, it would behoove you to do a little research on how he got his natural gas money, how he got the land and why he is tied to it.

Its not just a smart billionarie....its a convoluted mess of political favors.

The guy is self-promoting at best.
I am very self promotting too...is there a problem with that?
Its called free enterprise whether he did it dirty or clean, he aint in jail and he was smart enough to take advantage of the system AND stay out of jail. Of course hes self promoting but i like his ideals and they make a lot of sense if you think about it.

I know all about the history if Boone Pickens. I could give a rats arse how he got rich. He was smarter than you or I otherwise we woul dbe worth billions instead of him...how bout it there bud, you got that first million in the bank yet?

#42 ·
BWAHAHAHAHHAHA. All you two clowns have done is call me a tard. Please show me where either of you have brought any facts to the table. As far as I know, I am the only one that did that with the deal about the chemical makeup of biofuels.

The rest is my opinion based on what I think his intentions are. If you think it's retarded that's your right and I personally don't care which is why it is my opinion.

#44 ·
BWAHAHAHAHHAHA. All you two clowns have done is call me a tard. Please show me where either of you have brought any facts to the table. As far as I know, I am the only one that did that with the deal about the chemical makeup of biofuels.
The problem is you wouldnt recognize a fact if it slapped you upside your head.

The rest is my opinion based on what I think his intentions are. If you think it's retarded that's your right and I personally don't care which is why it is my opinion.
I respect your opinion...

Symbols, are you going to be there in april?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.