Mixing Gasoline/E85 with Diesel???!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2008, 11:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mixing Gasoline/E85 with Diesel???!!!

I heard that in some places the small "mom n' pop" Fuel stations are getting mixed gasoline and/or E85 with their diesel to cut costs and TRY to make the diesel cheaper.. I know they are doing it in Illinois, and in Tenessee, I don't know where else, but I'm not taking chances! It's not the individual stations, they are getting it that way and not telling their customers. That's just BULL$HIT!!!! I can understand cutting corners and saving money but that is just wrong! That kills injectors does it not?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2008, 11:32 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I dont know about injectors. I sure its not good for them. a far as gas in the diesel I duno what the concentration is but I know that diesels dont like trying to burn gas. id think your truck would run like chit if it where trying to burn the spark plug juice.

I know that back in the lil town I lived in the mom an pops station used to have their low grade tank filled and then they would have the pumper truck dump what ever was left over in the mid grade tank.

dis honest people pizz me off!
Old 12-18-2008, 11:42 AM
Emergency Services

Send a message via AIM to cchase
it all depends on the mixtures. I sure as "heck" wouldnt want to run it in my truck...
Old 12-18-2008, 11:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Never heard of such a thing?
Old 12-18-2008, 12:53 PM

It wouldn't surprise me a bit.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:08 PM

Wow, that's really ridiculous, wouldn't want to run it in my baby.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:00 PM

I had an old trucker tell me that he used to mix a little gas with the diesel in his tanks. He said it ran alot faster and smoother and that I should try it. I could stop laughing. LOL
Old 12-18-2008, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Gertrudis View Post
I had an old trucker tell me that he used to mix a little gas with the diesel in his tanks. He said it ran alot faster and smoother and that I should try it. I could stop laughing. LOL
haha i would have laughed at him too

-Diesel engines are made to burn DIESEL and gas engines are made to burn GAS. if you put diesel in a gas motor it doesn't work, if you gas in a diesel motor, it runs like hell/blows up/etc....Can't understand why people would want to mix the 2 together to save MAYBE 10-20 cents per gallon while the price of diesel has already been cut in half in most places since the summer; i know it has in VA. To me, i would rather spend the extra 5-6 bucks for fuel that won't screw my motor up (which last time i checked; costs thousands of dollars)

sorry for the rant but i honestly believe that the people who do this "just to save a buck" are honestly dumb

Edit: to the OP, we are on the same page haha
Old 12-18-2008, 04:14 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blowinsmoke4life
yeah I havent seen it in diesel yet but last time i filled up my moms car for her I saw a sticker saying "we mix 20% ethanol into our fuel".
Old 12-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Banned

What the old timers used to do was to old mechanical injection systems ! I still would not try diesel in gas and vice versa. I did have a customer whos wife was driving his Mercedes 300d and well she was used to pulling up and putting gas in well she filled the benze up with gas and drove it home .I ended up getting the benz and draining the tank and flushing the lines swapping filters damn thing ran good. I was real leary of down the road but car ran for ever. All I am saying is some have been real lucky some have had to replace engines and fuel systems. I run alittle power service in mine and will do the 2 cycle oilmix to test that but no gas with my diesel here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.