Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

wvo cleanup

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  kirkh 
#1 ·
ok, so I'm not the best at filling my wvo tank. I've spilled a few drops. The spill area has become some what dried and gelled. Anyone have any tips on cleaning the mess up? Any cleaners that eat that off?

#2 ·
The best advise is, do'nt let it dry. But Dawn dishwashing soap and hot water will work well. Has to be Dawn though...the other brands don't work so well.
Also i use Purple Power and Simple Green but those will tarnish an aluminum tank.
Break Clean works great too.

#3 ·
i had an exxon valdez in my garage, i took everything out and used a power washer. worked great in the garage and 'ok' in the driveway. got the majorify off the driveway and the rest just erroded or was eaten...

when i drip on the driveway, i get hot water and dawn, it gets rid of most of it, and the rest disappears within a week or two.

hopefully someone here has a great idea, and simple one at that. espicially for truck bed spills.

#5 ·
I'll second Clay's notion of not letting it dry. I tried to clean up some oil that had been dried for a while and needless to say, I didn't get too far.

#7 ·
I got something called :

LA's Awesome Orange degreaser at the Dollar Tree, and for a dollar, it works better than anything else I have found.

#8 ·
I use a hot water pressure washer to clean my collection trailor and any spills I have. my cousin runs a pressure washing buisness and lets me borrow his steamer/ washer, it works great..

#10 ·
Me too, I'm always greasy. You can get the 64 oz refill bottle from the Dollar Tree, for a dollar of course, which is the same price as the 32 oz spray bottle! It cleaned some old sticky grease off my back bumper which nothing else would get off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.