New, Looking for WVO and HHO info - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 05:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New, Looking for WVO and HHO info

Hello all.
I'm new to the site and looking for first hand experience/knowledge on WVO and HHO use in cold weather climates. I've got a 96' F250Powerstroke. Bought it 2 yrs ago when bio-diesel was available in my area. I'm interested in putting a WVO conversion kit on it as well as possibly an HHO system. I've been reading about WVO for a while now, but info on larger rigs and cold weather is limited. The HHO stuff is pretty new to me, checked out the Hydrogen Fuel 2 Go site I recently found through this forum. Sounds good, anyone out there with cold weather experience in this system? Any and all personal experience or links would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2008, 08:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

the truck i my sig runs WVO. it has a pretty inexpensive kit on there, the PO installed it. it wouldnt be my first choice of kits but it works. because i run PHO (partially hydrogenated oil) i need to do some heat upgrades. thats tomorrows project. im installing an HIH (Hose in Hose) where a flexable aluminum fuel line is run inside a coolant hose, that goes to my veggie filter which has a heated mount, then im going to either make an aluminum tube heat exchanger or use a tranny cooler to heat the WVO inside the tank. the truck has about 20k veggie on it. the front tank is the converted one, i plan on getting a transfer tank in the spring to hold more wvo.

if you have fair mechanical ability you can make your own setup. after seeing how mine was doen, im confident i can do my own from scratch and make a pretty good one at that.

i coulnt be happier, i love the stuff. my next project it building a centrifuge, a fuge very similar to the one on the stick at the top of the bio-fuels forum.

im also a member of the greasecar dot com foum, a lot knowledge there, Brian Miller (on that forum) also run a 95 PSD, he knows the thing very well and has a home built setup. search around in there. feel free to ask me any questions, happy to help.

Last edited by ridiculously_necessary; 12-05-2008 at 08:28 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Hydrogen embrittlement

Hydrogen embrittlement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This concerns me as far as HHO goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.