HHO Setup - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2008, 09:00 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HHO Setup

Hello, I am experimenting with an HHO cell for my 2005 Excursion 6.0L Turbo Diesel and was wondering if I could see some pix of other peoples setups for their HHO cells (reguardless of vehicle or engine) including where the unit has been placed, any cooling devices for the unit, and where it hooks into the engine. I will post pix of mine when its complete.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2008, 07:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

pics of my cell/generator are in my garage, i don't know how to post them here.
I haven't installed it yet, will probly mount it in the bed with the bubbler under the hood. i have a BHAF and will plumb into the tubing right after the filter. i'm not concerned about a cooling device (yet).
Old 10-13-2008, 07:11 PM

I had managed to install one in my truck over the weekend, not 100% successful, after it was installed my MPG was quick to jump from 13.6 on average to over 15 very quickly (within about 5 minutes of driving) and thats with a major leak at the air intake portion (which has since been resolved) however my unit is having heating issues so I have come to the conclusion of needing to take some major action on cooling devices for the unit which I have some good ideas on or else mounting the device in a different location with minimal cooling system installed. I have several ideas that I am waiting for the funds to catch up to lol. Need money to go much further, my development has come to a halt so I decided to get back into more research. Where all do you plan to hook the HHO cell output line to? I was reading somewhere to use the vacuum line but I would rather just use the air intake (easier access) but I don't want to cut anything because suprisingly enough this truck still has a warranty on the engine and I'm pretty sure if I had to bring it to ford with stuff butchered in the engine compartment they would look at the job, look at me, then laugh at my for thinking im gonna get a warranty job done on it. Anyway for the photo posting I would say use photo bucket and I'm not sure myself how to post images but just post links to the images, they work just as well. Also my apologies for the lengthy post.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:19 PM

post pics/links so we can see what you're doing. what amps were you running, could that cause the heating problem? and how hot is too hot? i've heard 120* average op temps.
I don't agree with the vacuum inlet either, what about just running a hose deep into the intake?
Old 10-17-2008, 06:45 AM

Well at this point I have no idea where to get an amp meter that can read above 10 amps without blowing up and I have a poor location for the device itself. Can't give a temperature its running at other than the fact that my friend needed his welding gloves to remove the unit because of how hot it became. One of the bolts began to melt through the PCV and when I opened the engine compartment to see how it was working, just as I opened it the water was starting to boil out of the unit and into the air intake, luckily I ripped the hose off before it got to the filter. Anyway those are my descriptions for too hot so we know it atleast was to boiling temperature for water which I cant remember right off the top of my head but it was pretty friggin hot.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:15 AM

water boils at 100c or 212 F. it will start to steam at 130 to 140 ish.

Interesting. Please post up some pics of your setup. I have been reading a little about this and am no where near ready to try it out. still trying to catch up from my biodiesel experiment. started out as a $500 proof of concept and now has turned in to a $2500 home built production! I am scared that this little toy will turn into the same thing!
Old 10-17-2008, 08:30 AM

Well my problem was I tried to run before I could walk, i am part owner of a biodiesel company with my brother and father. Soon we will be taking on another part owner as well, we had spoken to him a few months ago and he is now looking to produce on a larger scale and contacted us to see about going into business with us vs having 2 companies. I wanted to speak with him at some point about the HHO cell because I believe he could have some very helpful insight to my problems. One thing I was considering was building a custom mounting bracket and mounting the device behind the bumper and using something to mount it a piece of the structural bracket without drilling holes. As for my setup, right now it consists of the device, empty, laying in the back floor board :-(
Old 10-17-2008, 08:57 PM

LOL Tubular, funny how "hobbies" work ,huh. (my weakness is guns)
Snacks, did you use straight water for your system? I believe you can adjust the amp draw by what mixture you use. give us more info please. I'm curious why it ran so hot. also, fill out your bio (location, etc).
Old 10-17-2008, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubl_t View Post
pics of my cell/generator are in my garage, i don't know how to post them here.
I haven't installed it yet, will probly mount it in the bed with the bubbler under the hood. i have a BHAF and will plumb into the tubing right after the filter. i'm not concerned about a cooling device (yet).
create a photobucket account then go to this link and it will show you how to post pics in the forums.

How to Post Pictures/Images
Old 10-17-2008, 09:22 PM

I use distilled water and add a little bit of baking soda at a time until its producing some good HHO, I think the biggest problem I had was that I might have added too much baking soda (lack of amp meter) I will get pictures uploaded as soon as I can though so hopefully tomorrow. If I don't post them tomorrow it will probably be Sunday or at the latest Monday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.