Hydrogen fuel???? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Hydrogen fuel????

i just got back from the Socal Off-road Expo.... 1 booth cought my eye and i talked with the guy for about 10min..... they are called Hydrogen green fuel technologies....

i wanted to see if any of you guys had played with their system... they had a 6.4L their with the system on the truck and said it was getting 40% more fuel economy than with out the system... it also comes with a SCT with a custom tune for the Hydrogen kit to work properly....

here is the website... let me know what you guys think:

Hydrogen Green Fuel Technolgoies, Corp.

-Raul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

bumping this up.. i would really like to see what you guys think.. esp anyone running some type of bio fuel
Old 10-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I wan'ts to no as weel if this thingy doos workz.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005F250 View Post
I wan'ts to no as weel if this thingy doos workz.
hey man did you go to the show? freaken Jesse from extreme 4x4 was their and everytime i would see her to try and take a pic she was rushed off by someone... it was very aggravating...

from the looks of it this thing really works.... ill be calling them up this week to talk more about it... i would really like to know how it would work with a modded truck....

since they use their own tuning how would it work if we needed to load like a SCT tune you know....
Old 10-05-2008, 06:12 PM

Holy crap batman, 2 grand!!! How is it supposed to actually work?
Old 10-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech10002 View Post
Holy crap batman, 2 grand!!! How is it supposed to actually work?
well if you think about it ... its less than a vegistroke kit... and depening how much our drive you can get your money back very quick...

now im not an expert on it.... an i only got to talk to the guy for a short while.... but this is what i got out of it in a short version

their system seperates the hydrogen from teh water and injects it into your intake and mixes it with your fuel.... the hydrogen actually burns better and will produce more energy than diesel fuel.... you have to use their tuning for the kit... it comes with a SCT with their tuning on it which will back down the amount of fuel (diesel) is injected in which creates your better MPG... your basically using the hydrogen and around 50% less diesel fuel....

they claim to give you at least 50% increase in MPG.. guaranteed... or your money back....

the kit seems very simple... and easy to install....

hope i didnt miss anything.... oh yah it was tested by the California emissions and it got an amazing score... way under what cali wants in emissions....

so yah their it is... may be 2k but if it will even increase it by 40% i can payt it off in less than 6 months with the way i drive...

-Raul
Old 10-06-2008, 06:24 AM

I have been reading on these for a little time now. Some make their own kit for less then a hundred bucks. there are lots of videos on youtube where people show you their setup and talk about it. its an interesting idea but i will let the rest of the world beta test it for me

simply put you pass power through ss rods in a jar with water and some catalyst (baking Sada or naoh i think) and the hydro bubbles out and into your intake. I have seen people with little mason jars up to a tool box full of cells.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:28 AM

search for hhoforums and there are alot of guys there developing many different types of cells. The cells similar to the one pictured in the ad you referenced is about 35-60 bucks from various sellers. There will be alot of people asking for their money back if gains fall under the promises.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
There's a 21 page thread right above this about this very subject. There is tons of information all over the net about it. There is NO WAY I'd pay somebody $995 for a kit like the one you posted. I am interested in this idea also but right now I am more focused on getting my bio diesel processor going.

I have seen numerous threads that claim our split shot injectors cause these hydrogen setups to produce minimal if any results on our trucks. The only setup I've seen that looked anywhere close to actually being able to produce enough Brown's gas for our trucks took up about the bed space of a diamond plate tool box. Not as Tal but about the same foot print. I think he was making about 8L minute of HHO. The concept definitely makes so gas. I have seen some pretty nasty torches made with the stuff.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:38 PM

I just don't see how they can get enough hydrogen for a 4% improvement, much less 40. Extracting the hydrogen from water is an extremely energy intensive process. That's why we don't have a bunch of hydrogen fueled cars yet.

The most promising thing to me seems like CNG injection. CNG is MUCH cheaper than diesel. There was a guy in Diesel Power last month that was getting something like 40 MPG in a Dodge with CNG injection. I can't find anybody that sells a kit, though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.