Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Hydrogen fuel????

8K views 59 replies 27 participants last post by  Raul@Stealth Automotive 
#1 ·
i just got back from the Socal Off-road Expo.... 1 booth cought my eye and i talked with the guy for about 10min..... they are called Hydrogen green fuel technologies....

i wanted to see if any of you guys had played with their system... they had a 6.4L their with the system on the truck and said it was getting 40% more fuel economy than with out the system... it also comes with a SCT with a custom tune for the Hydrogen kit to work properly....

here is the website... let me know what you guys think:

Hydrogen Green Fuel Technolgoies, Corp.

-Raul

#4 ·
hey man did you go to the show? freaken Jesse from extreme 4x4 was their and everytime i would see her to try and take a pic she was rushed off by someone... it was very aggravating...

from the looks of it this thing really works.... ill be calling them up this week to talk more about it... i would really like to know how it would work with a modded truck....

since they use their own tuning how would it work if we needed to load like a SCT tune you know....

#6 ·
well if you think about it ... its less than a vegistroke kit... and depening how much our drive you can get your money back very quick...

now im not an expert on it.... an i only got to talk to the guy for a short while.... but this is what i got out of it in a short version

their system seperates the hydrogen from teh water and injects it into your intake and mixes it with your fuel.... the hydrogen actually burns better and will produce more energy than diesel fuel.... you have to use their tuning for the kit... it comes with a SCT with their tuning on it which will back down the amount of fuel (diesel) is injected in which creates your better MPG... your basically using the hydrogen and around 50% less diesel fuel....

they claim to give you at least 50% increase in MPG.. guaranteed... or your money back....

the kit seems very simple... and easy to install....

hope i didnt miss anything.... oh yah it was tested by the California emissions and it got an amazing score... way under what cali wants in emissions....

so yah their it is... may be 2k but if it will even increase it by 40% i can payt it off in less than 6 months with the way i drive...

-Raul

#7 ·
I have been reading on these for a little time now. Some make their own kit for less then a hundred bucks. there are lots of videos on youtube where people show you their setup and talk about it. its an interesting idea but i will let the rest of the world beta test it for me :)

simply put you pass power through ss rods in a jar with water and some catalyst (baking Sada or naoh i think) and the hydro bubbles out and into your intake. I have seen people with little mason jars up to a tool box full of cells.

#8 ·
search for hhoforums and there are alot of guys there developing many different types of cells. The cells similar to the one pictured in the ad you referenced is about 35-60 bucks from various sellers. There will be alot of people asking for their money back if gains fall under the promises.

#9 ·
There's a 21 page thread right above this about this very subject. There is tons of information all over the net about it. There is NO WAY I'd pay somebody $995 for a kit like the one you posted. I am interested in this idea also but right now I am more focused on getting my bio diesel processor going.

I have seen numerous threads that claim our split shot injectors cause these hydrogen setups to produce minimal if any results on our trucks. The only setup I've seen that looked anywhere close to actually being able to produce enough Brown's gas for our trucks took up about the bed space of a diamond plate tool box. Not as Tal but about the same foot print. I think he was making about 8L minute of HHO. The concept definitely makes so gas. I have seen some pretty nasty torches made with the stuff.

#10 ·
I just don't see how they can get enough hydrogen for a 4% improvement, much less 40. Extracting the hydrogen from water is an extremely energy intensive process. That's why we don't have a bunch of hydrogen fueled cars yet.

The most promising thing to me seems like CNG injection. CNG is MUCH cheaper than diesel. There was a guy in Diesel Power last month that was getting something like 40 MPG in a Dodge with CNG injection. I can't find anybody that sells a kit, though.

#12 ·
If you get the new Diesel Power mag, there was a lot of people asking the same question about a Duramax running CNG in the "Trucks of the Diesel Power shootout" Sept. issue. He was running a DeLuca fuel Products CNG system, and won first place with 38 mpg, but he has claimed mpg's of 50-55 during test drives.

#11 ·
Every day on the tv and radio I see tons of stuff and actors like tommy lee jones telling me that CNG is the shiznit and let us dig in the barnett shale by the DFW airport.
Barnett Shale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are putting drilling and wells in there like crazy! Cant wait till we start seeing that CNG going to use in D F Dubya. When I lived in socal just about all the city busses were CNG. I think CNG is a good thing and I wish the tree huggers would shut up and let them drill more wells out by the airport!

#13 ·
I was reading the newest Diesel Power mag, and there is an ad one 24th page talking about a "hydrogen generator" that claims 15-30% increase in mpg. It looks really small, so setup should be easy and affordable. I went to their website to do some more research, but there isn't any info on it :dunno:. The website looks like it just got started diamondeyeperformance.com

Anybody know anything about it :dunno:

#14 ·
Those CNG systems look really cool. It would be nice if the home compressors were reasonably priced. The payoff at a 10 cent a mile savings in fuel would be in the 70k mile range once you get the compressor, tank, and injection system. Now with diesel prices down a little, the savings is probably a little less too.

Until the payoff gets closer to 20-30k, I don't think I'd consider it.

#15 ·
I just put one of these hydrogen cells into my truck on Saturday and when I left to test it, I got 1.5 miles better in the city and then 2.5-3 better on the hwy. They are telling me that I will not see all the gains out of the cell for about two weeks and then it should jump up to 9 mpg better. And I was only running 1.9 liter per min. of HHO when I should be running 4 lpm of HHO with my 6.4 liter engine. I went to Alternative Gas Solutions This is a great company once I knew that I need a bigger cell I called them and they took back the cell I had and gave me full credit for it. Then sent me the next sized cell for just the difference. It only took me and one buddy about 1.5 to 2 hours to put it on my truck.

#16 ·
#21 ·
I'm willing to spend $10 on you to try this, if we could get "few" more guys, all donating $10, this might work? The deal would be, if it works, you pay us back, if not, then you owe nobody...anyone in on this?

#19 ·
I have the blueprints/schematics on how to build one yourself. I had a co-worker pay for it ( :hehe: ) and give it to me. I planned on doing it up and testing on an old clunker someone gave me, but the damn car wouldn't run on gas. I'm not gonna test it on my x, that's for sure. The parts list is stuff you can get at the hardware store.

If any of you would like it, PM me your e-mail and I'll hook ya up.

Then again, I do have a 95 f150 I could do it to that I don't care much about.

#20 ·
ill pm you, im curious! also, i wouldnt run in in an x either, that can make potential existing legal problems much worse. not to mention im sure the kit is likely difficult to bolt to people, and i can think of a few plages to plug the generator in, but they dont produce electricity. hot air at most!

#23 ·
ive got one all built and in my truck. It cost me about $140 to make. It looks like some sort of bomb though, when my dad saw it he said homeland security would be all over me if they ever saw it. I havent hooked it up to the intake yet or ran juice to it. I havent had much time to work on it but it should be up and running on saturday. Ill post mileage soon.

#24 ·
That looks like a nice build. Do you have a parts list? I'm still a skeptic, but curious what kind of mileage gains you get. Keep us posted :thumb:

#29 ·
does anyone have a list of companies to contact? I can contact anyone if needed. I'm very curious about this as fuel prices here are insane to say the least.

#35 ·
Well thats it. Its in. And it bubbles. Looks like someone is blowing on a breathylizer into the bubbling tank. It seems to run a bit smoother and be a bit more peppy at real low rpms. We'll see how mileage goes. Im going to finish out this tank, then post the next tanks mileage.

#36 ·
I wish they would offer a few for "real world testing" I am interested in it!

#38 ·
i have bigfoot in my basement

#39 ·
well i finished off the rest of the tank I had. It ran with the hydrogen for about 30 miles of the tank, not enough to tell anything but I can tell you one thing. My mileage sucks. hand calculated 11.25 mpg. Partially so bad because Im running 35's and havent fixed the odometer yet.

#40 ·
I guess I'm posting on two threads now. Theres a hydrogen gas supplement thread too. So...Update: Typically i get to the 50 mile mark when my fuel gauge hits 3/4 of a tank. Right now im about two thirds of the way to the 3/4 tank line and currently at 64 miles. It will still take a bit to get some hard numbers (whenever the next refill is) but it seems to be doing better. Maybe coincidence though, I'm not sure yet. Im certainly not brainwashed into believing in it but I am hopeful and it does seem to have a bit of an effect on mileage thus far. Here is a pic of the cell bubbling in action. I have revised the tank system and will soon make another improvement on it. I'll make a parts list and sketch if it ends up producing good mileage result.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.