Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Hydrogen fuel????

8K views 59 replies 27 participants last post by  Raul@Stealth Automotive 
#1 ·
i just got back from the Socal Off-road Expo.... 1 booth cought my eye and i talked with the guy for about 10min..... they are called Hydrogen green fuel technologies....

i wanted to see if any of you guys had played with their system... they had a 6.4L their with the system on the truck and said it was getting 40% more fuel economy than with out the system... it also comes with a SCT with a custom tune for the Hydrogen kit to work properly....

here is the website... let me know what you guys think:

Hydrogen Green Fuel Technolgoies, Corp.

-Raul

#42 ·
wel here's an update. Ive since been very busy and my generator tank sprung a leak! it only leaks under pressure so I havent been able to run it lately and only have about half a tank logged with it. My SB trip was canceled because of a family loss but has been rescheduled for two weeks. Sorry to keep anyone waiting that was interested but I should have solid numbers soon!

#43 ·
Hydrogen systems work best on single shot motors due to their buring process. The split shot trucks burn most of the HHO up in the first injection. A single shot truck can get about 6 more MPG and a split shot truck will get about 1.5 more mpg. I a dealer for the Hydro Super 2.
If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Mark Landis

#50 ·
I am running an HHO system but it is far more complex than the one in the tool box. The dry cell is far superior to a liquid bath type cell. The dry cell needs five neutral plates between each set of charged plates or the cell will run too hot. The best electrolyte is a mix of KOH and distilled water. For our diesels the sytem also needs a scrubber in addition to the bubbler to prevent carryover of the KOH into the intercooler. KOH is caustic and will errode the aluminum. You also end up getting a high amp alternator to supply enough amps for the cell. My cell is operated at 50 amps. It runs at an electrolyte temperature of >110 F. That is good. If the temp is above 140 F. the KOH will boil off with the HHO. Many so called high output cells are making both HHO and steam. The steam wouldn't be bad for our diesels if it didn't contain KOH. My HHO is as dry as I can make it. I haven't seen great fuel economy gains as yet but have noticed that turbo lag seems to be gone. When the vacuum jumps it draws in HHO to smooth over the dip normally experienced. In May I will pull my fifth wheel to Florida and I will get to see if it aids fuel economy under load. That is what really interests me.

Dave Nowlin

#52 ·
Why would I have to tune for the extra air? My HHO is added to the intake just inches upstream of the turbo and any extra oxygen needed to burn the hydrogen is furnished in the HHO. If the fuel comes with it's on oxygen supply, why do you think I need to tune for extra air. If anything we might need to reduce the diesel supply but I'm a little leary of tuning to lean out the engine. If something should go haywire in the HHO system and I had tuned the engine lean, things might go bad real quick. If that means I don't get all the fuel economy available, oh well. I prefer to err on the side of caution.

Dave Nowlin

#54 ·
Ran it for about 2 months now and I've noticed about 1mpg improvement with it on vs off...which is so close you could almost attribute it to the wind going in the right direction, heat, tire pressure, you name it. The diff wasnt significant enough to offset the trouble of making and maintaining it. My unit produced a bit over 2L per minute when it was cold and almost 3 when it heated up. Everyone is saying it would do better were it not for split shot injectors, so I'm going to take the unit out for now but save it to see if it makes a difference when I rebuild with single shots and tuning.

#56 ·
umm no the hho burns at such a quick rate that when the first pilot shot of fuel goes in the hho that has been brought into the cylinder will ignite and not help as much in the powerstroke of the burn. thats why people with non split shot injector powerstrokes get more like 3-4 more mpg depending on the drivining and more on the highway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.