adding diesel fuel treatments to veggie oil - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2008, 09:12 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
adding diesel fuel treatments to veggie oil

i run straight veggie with a mix of diesel 1/10. does anyone know if it would be alright to mix stanadyne performance with the veggie oil?

also what kind of fuel treatment do you guys perfer and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2008, 10:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajundave View Post
i run straight veggie with a mix of diesel 1/10. does anyone know if it would be alright to mix stanadyne performance with the veggie oil?

also what kind of fuel treatment do you guys perfer and why?

Don't Do it!! I have run sme tests using a variation of Diesel, WVO, SVO, and good ol #2diesel. adding diesel additive greatly destabilized the oil promoting much quicker polymerization than even just WVO alone. However diesel added to the oil at a rte of 10:1 appeared to all but eliminate the tendency for polymerization. Bottom line, just keep doin what your doin.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordnut74 View Post
Don't Do it!! I have run sme tests using a variation of Diesel, WVO, SVO, and good ol #2diesel. adding diesel additive greatly destabilized the oil promoting much quicker polymerization than even just WVO alone. However diesel added to the oil at a rte of 10:1 appeared to all but eliminate the tendency for polymerization. Bottom line, just keep doin what your doin.
Can you post a link to the pics I once saw of your wife's muffin tins filled with all of the fuels and additives you experimented with? Those were great pictures. I was especially interested to learn that a little DK caused greatly accelerated polymerization.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:35 PM

911 additive

I dump in a bottle of 911 into my storage tank....even tho i filter and heat and run my oil through a centrifuge I pour in a bottle of 911 to guard against any water that might sweat into the tank.....this is the only additve i use. 911 is used to stop diesel from gelling and for water in fuel....i figure if it works for diesel it should work fine for WVO
Old 10-08-2008, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordnut74 View Post
So your saying polymerization will be increased by adding additives? What are you adding to make up the 10% energy loss?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.