Best WVO System? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2008, 06:12 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best WVO System?

Now that I have my vegistroke installed and I have a grin on my face all of the time. I have a buddy that has a dodge and he is asking me what the best system is for him. He thinks I am an expert!.

He has looked at the plantdrive... What do you experts think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2008, 06:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to Cark
Depending how inclined he is... maybe he should do some research and look into building his own system. That's the route I'm going to end up taking. I thought I was all set to get a greasecar system, then read and read some more, and as much as everyone raves about the vegistroke, it's well out of my price range. But people are more or less building there own for dirt cheap, and that's right up my alley! Otherwise, he should do what you are essentially doing and get on some cummins forums and find out what is what.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Premium Member

I dont really get plantdrive. All these Vormax and Vegimax crap? My buddy is looking for a kit for is 02 24v and we looked a frybrid a little but I guess there really might my an awesome kit out there for the cumins?

What year is his?
Old 07-17-2008, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFBLUE View Post
I dont really get plantdrive. All these Vormax and Vegimax crap? My buddy is looking for a kit for is 02 24v and we looked a frybrid a little but I guess there really might my an awesome kit out there for the cumins?

What year is his?
His dodge is a 2001. He said the plantdrive is not a complete kit they just give you enough stuff to get you started. So is frybird the best you have seen so far for a cumins?
Old 07-17-2008, 07:10 AM

James from DFA recommended the Frybrid kit for both the Cummins and the Duramax, but if you can wait, DFA is testing a product for one of these (I can't remember which).

--Snake
Old 07-17-2008, 08:05 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplemoutdoors View Post
His dodge is a 2001. He said the plantdrive is not a complete kit they just give you enough stuff to get you started. So is frybird the best you have seen so far for a cumins?
There is a disclaimer on the frybrid site about the VP4 Bosch Injector pumps that if they dont have positive inlet fuel pressure they will fail, so thats one thing to watch out for so I would get a kit that specifically addresses that or he would have problems with that.

If DFA comes out with a kit for the Dmax and cummins that would be sweet, but I feel exclusive having the one and only vegistroke and its ford only. Powerstrokes by design are are perfect for WVO.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:27 AM
I don't know nuttin....

There is no easy way to convert the 24v cummins. If your buddy had a 12v, that would be better...or a PSD.
I would make Bio-D if i was in his shoes and didn't want to trade trucks.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHenry View Post
There is no easy way to convert the 24v cummins. If your buddy had a 12v, that would be better...or a PSD.
I would make Bio-D if i was in his shoes and didn't want to trade trucks.
I am glad I own a Ford! My first one was a '71 F100 Custom and have driven one ever since.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Premium Member

Veggie fuel

I have been researching the veggie oil, I have a 2000 Powerstroke. I heard via the grapevine that the feds or state was concerned about the homemade diesel---they are not getting tax money off it. Anyone else heard anything? I am afraid to invest time and money if they are gonna take some kind of action. I guess they would consider us "bootleggers".
Sisiryder
Old 07-21-2008, 03:55 PM

Nothing prevents anyone from paying their road taxes. If you drive on public roads, regardless of what fuel you are using, you owe road taxes and are responsible for paying them.

If my memory is correct the federal tax is something like .24 cents a gallon. The State tax would depend on where you live.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.