FOR SALE - new 60 gallon HEATED toolbox / tank combo - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FOR SALE - new 60 gallon HEATED toolbox / tank combo

First thing, I want to apologize for posting this in this section. I saw that it had been done before and anyone that might want this tank is going to be in this section.

Brand new 60G aux tank/toolbox combo. This tank is custom made by RDS to the specifications of the guys at Dino Fuel Alternatives (makers of the Vegistroke) to include a coolant heat exchanger in the tank. I have the exact same tank installed in my truck, so I can tell you that the tank gets surprisingly warm in a 7.3PSD. It has a filler neck, fuel pickup, return and vent lines. The tank is baffled to reduce sloshing.

You can see the tank and its specifications (without the heater) here:

RDS Auxiliary Fuel Tank/Toolbox Combo — 60 Gallon, Model# 72644 | Auxiliary Fuel Tanks | Northern Tool + Equipment

You can see pictures of both my tank installed in my truck and the tank I am selling here:

2008-07-AuxTank - a set on Flickr

People will probably wonder why I have two of the tanks so I'll explain briefly. There was some minor shipping damage to the first tank I received that was isolated to the toolbox lid. The guys at DFA had another tank rush ordered for me from RDS (they are made to order, and drop-shipped). Because it took so long, the guys at DFA told me to sell the extra tank rather than pay to ship it back. They are great guys over there. I had the lid repaired for the most part, but there is still a tiny crack on the corner of the lid. I have a close-up photo of the crack in the gallery above.

DFA charges $1100 + shipping for this tank. I'm asking $850 including delivery within 50 miles of Allentown, PA. For distances greater than 50 miles, I will deliver for a fee. I prefer local buyers, but I will ship freight if there are no local people. That will cost about $200.

Thanks for looking,
Shane
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I may be very interested in this in about 2-3 weeks. I have to drop about $800 this week on parts for my transmission otherwise I would be interested now in this. I'm in albany, NY and could easily justify driving down to pick it up after the tranny in my truck is fixed. LOL I actually have a car I need to trailer back from jersey right outside of Philly so it would possibly work out well. Provided this doesn't sell in the meantime.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The tank is tentatively sold. I'm supposed to deliver it on Sunday. If it falls through, I'll let you know.

Thanks for the interest,
Shane
Old 02-01-2009, 08:43 AM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That is a damn nnice tank!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.