Vegistroke Install help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Vegistroke Install help

I'm just starting the install of a Vegistroke WVO system on my early '99. This will certainly be the most involved mechanical experience I will have performed (if I can actually do it!), and I'm hoping to get some posts of any relevant pictures that might aid me in locating where everything goes in the install. The instructions aren't quite as detailed as I wish they were, and any help/advice/pictures would be helpful. Also, if anybody is in the Jackson, Wyoming area and is available to help I would certainly take it and pay you for your time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Bio, I just started mine today as well. Didn't get the whole thing installed, but I did get a little bit done.

I'm about to write up a thread showing my progress. I plan to update it as I go, so maybe it'll be a little help to you. I've got an 05, so I'm sure they'll be some differences.

Also, I'm missing a few fittings from DFA at the moment, so I took the opportunity to do what I could until I get the other fittings in. In other words, I didn't follow the order of install that the instructions outline.

Thanks!
Old 06-15-2008, 12:32 PM

Can you let me know when you get some pics up? I'm still working on the rear passenger fuel fitting-I dropped it and can't find it!
Old 06-15-2008, 01:17 PM

hey guys i am not a guru, but i installed my system 2 weeks ago and was successful. pm me and i'll shoot you my phone number
Old 06-15-2008, 05:58 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioStroker View Post
Can you let me know when you get some pics up? I'm still working on the rear passenger fuel fitting-I dropped it and can't find it!
Bio, I've got some pics up now, but unfortunately I haven't started on the engine fittings. I'm missing some of the fittings needed to run the fuel supply to the motor, therefore I'm waiting till DFA can send me what I need before I start on that portion. Right now i'm working on other parts of the system such as the tank, module and some of the hoses.

Good luck!
Old 06-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajundave View Post
hey guys i am not a guru, but i installed my system 2 weeks ago and was successful. pm me and i'll shoot you my phone number

Dave, thanks. I'll keep that in mind and if I hit a snag, I'll hit you up.

Thanks!
Old 06-15-2008, 06:31 PM

Dave-thanks for the info over the phone-it was a pleasure talking to you!

Marv-where can I find those pics? They will certainly help as I've almost got the engine wrapped up and will be moving to the tank install and running the lines next. If you have any questions I can answer on the engine stuff let me know!
Old 06-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioStroker View Post
Dave-thanks for the info over the phone-it was a pleasure talking to you!

Marv-where can I find those pics? They will certainly help as I've almost got the engine wrapped up and will be moving to the tank install and running the lines next. If you have any questions I can answer on the engine stuff let me know!
Bio, my install thread can be found here:

My Vegistroke install

Let me know if you have any questions - I'd be glad to help! And I'll definitely keep you in mind when I move on to the engine mods.

Thanks!
Old 06-16-2008, 11:40 AM

So, I've left DFA an e-mail yesterday and called this morning and still haven't heard from them. I'm hoping somebody can answer a few questions for me:
1. For the drivers rear fuel port that was previously plugged, should there be an elbow that comes off of the new fuel rail fitting? I have two elbows with my kit, a brass one and a silver one. The silver one went on the passenger front already. If I'm supposed to have two silver elbows it looks like I was shorted one.

2. Should all of these fuel fittings have loc-tite on them or is it not necessary? The DFA directions did not mention anything about it, so I haven't done it so far.

3. I'm hoping to get some pictures of where the "t" fittings tap into the coolant lines-and also label if it's the sending line to the V3 unit or it's the return that bypasses the V3

4. I got the 51 gallon tank, and I'm assuming that all of the fittings go to the driver's side? They're not labeled at all, but I know the different size hoses should make it obvious. Does it matter which port the incoming and outgoing coolant go to? I can post pictures of the tank fittings if needed.

Thanks in advance, I can't wait to get this all wrapped up!
Old 06-16-2008, 12:01 PM

wow I hope all the posts about missing V3 kit pieces was just a fluke...I have yet to recieve my kit and hate the idea of not getting everything

Looking forward to more install pics :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.