Waste motor oil and Diesel fuel blend - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 141 Old 06-09-2008, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Waste motor oil and Diesel fuel blend

I have started using a 50/50 blend of waste motor oil and diesel fuel in my 95 powerstroke. Filtered through a 10 micron primary filter and then a 2 micron filter before pumping into the tank. I only have about 300 miles use so far, but have noticed no difference in performance. It does smoke a little more though. Does anyone here have any experience using blended fuels? Is there a way to remove the carbon from the used oil easily? I am new to this sight but not new to diesels. Comments/Questions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 141 Old 06-09-2008, 01:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I can't help you with the used oil though, Just don't think it is a good idea. But here is a bump for ya.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
546K 7.3L Hauler
>>

Central Texas Hotshots
post #3 of 141 Old 06-09-2008, 02:13 PM

I wouldnt run used motor oil even if it was filtered. 50/50 seems to be a pretty stiff ****tail of it too??

2002 F250
Beans Diesel Performance Tunes
All Supporting Mods

post #4 of 141 Old 06-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have a buddy that has been running 100% filtered waste oil for over a year. He mixes in jet fuel to get the viscosity correct as well as some tranny fluid. Apparently the viscosity is extremely important..

2006 Dark Slate F350 CC LB 6X6 Lariat Tow Boss edition, Complete with training wheels.

BPD VK688 Kit, W Pump, EGR, FICM, Decked block & Heads, ARP's, Coolant filter, RR, Aux coolant lines, Train Horns, SCT W/GH tunes, Recon smoked LEDs, Pressure pro TPMS, Firestone air bags, Alpine/Infinity/Polk sound system, CTS Monitor and Autometer analog backups. MPG Max Water injection with custom 17 gallon tank. 4" straight to 6" Aussies.

post #5 of 141 Old 06-09-2008, 02:22 PM

I should clarify what I meant/said.. I myself wouldnt run it, thats just me though.

2002 F250
All Supporting Mods
post #6 of 141 Old 06-09-2008, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hmm... I thought about viscosity, but I have heard of others running as much as a 60/40 split without a problem. But then again a gambler usually only tells you of their winnings not there losses. I would be interested in any info you could forward to me. BTW viscosity should drop when running at NOT.

Last edited by jmholley; 06-09-2008 at 02:56 PM.
post #7 of 141 Old 06-09-2008, 03:07 PM
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD

If you are looking for an fuel treatment this thread poped up the other day take a look if that what you are looking for. lucas fuel treatment there is two diffrent thread in this link read them both
post #8 of 141 Old 06-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Shade tree mechanic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i am no pro. but i would think the injectors wouldn't care for it much. and 50/50? seems like thats a pretty hefty dose of used oil.

MATT

Now featuring a 6.4 fat bottum 6 speed

95 f250--238k and counting

RDS stage I's-TW live tuned-Dana 60 swap-9" lift/40x13.5x20 ProComps-ZF5 swap/short throw/South Bend CON OFE-Iron Bull front-AFE CAI-SD innercooler-Fab Tech traction bars-MBRP DP/6" black miters-Autometer boost/pyro

"If you dont have ambition and big dreams, you end up working hard for someone who does"
post #9 of 141 Old 06-09-2008, 03:34 PM
dok
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I've started using a 2 stroke ashless synthetic oil in both of my diesels. It seems to be quieter and the mileage has improved.
post #10 of 141 Old 06-09-2008, 03:45 PM

I dont think hes talking about it for an additive but more a way to save on fuel prices

2002 F250
All Supporting Mods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode