Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Trading veg for b100

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  vegginpsd 
#1 ·
Anyone out there already have a deal in place or past experience with dirty vs clean veg and how much to trade for good clean b100? 2:1, 2.5:1 3:1, dirty veg : clean b100?? Or if you make b100, what would you consider a fair trade?

I have plenty of both dirty and CF cleaned peanut oil, canola/soy mix and some 50% PHO-50% canola oil. Is the pnut better than canola for making b100 or {hopefully} the PHO is the creme de la for a b100er?

Should I barter dirty or cleaned veg?

Will be burning in our JEEP Liberty CRD eventually.

Thanks

#2 ·
you are in the right ballpark with the 2:1 to 2.5:1 ratios.

I prefer to use CF'd oil when making B100. THe specific type of oil is not significant in my opinion. The most critical thing is that it is as dry as possible.

I have done some barter of VO for B100. In fact, I would love to do nothing more than make B100, and skip the collecting all together.

Bear in mind, most home producers have a production cost some where around $.70 ish cents per gallon if not distilling the Methanol from the glycerol. Also remember that a Biopro is between $10,000 and &$15,000, so that should be taken into account for the cost to produce.

#3 ·
Appreciate the advice.

I have done some barter of VO for B100. In fact, I would love to do nothing more than make B100, and skip the collecting all together.
I need a Veggin' out here in Colorado. :blahblah1: I've got the collecting and cleaning thing under control (and surplus) and want to get 50gals/month of b100 for our new Jeep. I'm not about to convert that as its an around town sh!t gitter and the land yacht does the long road trips. B100 makes sense if it isn't too much effort, cost for someone on their end. I had someone offer a 4:1 trade, dirty to clean b100. I wanted to send him a WTF sandwich...

I get it though, its a commodity and if you have enough you can play that game.

If the methanol is distilled and reused, what can costs get down to?

#4 ·
If the methanol is distilled and reused, what can costs get down to?
I would think only a ration of 2 parts new to 1 part distilled methanol would be smart. When distilling methanol, it is difficult to achieve very high levels of purity, thus most that I know use it mixed into fresh virgin methanol.

I would imagine it would get the cost down to $.50 gallon +/-.

remember, that not all B100 that is not commercially produced is created equal.
Know how to HPT, perform a 27/3 test and a soap test before bartering. GET A SAMPLE......there are a lot of hacks out there, in fact, I had a guy call a while back asking why GLYCERINE was settleing out of the B100! It was because the douche producer didnt even WASH IT!:tard:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.