Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Purge time on 02 psd

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Clay Henry 
#1 ·
Hello, just wanting to get some opinions on purge and run times (after switch back) on a DIY system using fittings from Wvo designs. I have the purge valve plummed in right after filter with all components configured in bed next to tank so purge line is roughly 12"'s long. Not sure how important but truck is crewcab long bed to give an idea of hose length. I had a different system on for last 3 yrs and just got my install completed this wknd so I'm brand new to it. Thanks in advance for your advice/suggestions! Matt

#2 ·
Disconnect purge line from purge valve & switch back to D2 & open the purge valve. When you start you see D2 coming out then your good. Count how long that takes.Then run the truck for at least a minute before shutting down.

I purge for approx. 5 seconds then run the truck for approx. a minute before shutting down.

#3 ·
I would ask Leon. He designed the system.......:hehe:

(actually, he just reverse-engineered the system. He ripped off the plans form DFA)

Sorry Leon lovers, couldn't resist! :rofl:

#4 ·
Thanks Simone! Where is your valve on your system? If it is in bed and you did the test you suggest. Did you see diesel clear back to valve in 5 seconds? I have been purging for about 10 seconds and drivin for about a 1.5-2 minutes up my rd. guess that's plenty? Been conservative as my last system was significantly longer. Are you running 2 check valves? Thanks for your help!

#6 ·
That was just a guesstimate on run time. I have actually never timed it. I just know where I need to switch over & how long to purge before I get home. My purge valve is located under the drivers seat on the frame rail just ahead of the VO filter. You should have no problems with your purge & run time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.