WVO Designs is awesome! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 08:22 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
WVO Designs is awesome!

Been a long time customer. I have one of the first few CFs they put out. I emailed them asking about the new updated seal kit and they said I needed a new lower housing to fit the new seal. They sold it to me for an extremely fair price. I also bought new bearings for my motor and a few other parts. They all arrived in a timely manor. Then I asked for help on the motor bearings and they were very helpful. They also sent me a set of orings for free (then I bought some more too..) I had an issue with one of the 2 bearings. It was making a nasty noise. I contacted them and a new bearing went out right away. Got it in and now my CF is smooth, quiet and not wobbling, and leak free!

Cant say enough good about wvo designs! customer service ROCKS!!!

If you watch their product line, they just keep making things better!

I am not tied to them at all, I do not get any kickbacks, I am just a happy customer and want to spread the word. Its hard to find a company that actually cares these days.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2013, 08:34 PM

I have to agree. I used their fuel pump on my diy heated svo system. I ordered the pump about 8 months before installing it because I was getting everything else I needed. When it was installed there was a slow leak in the seal around the motor shaft. I figured I'd get some grief over having it so long but they sent a new seal and said if it didn't fix the problem (it did) they would send a new one.
Very impressed with their customer service.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:48 PM

huh
Send a defective product out and then honor the warranty hardly constitutes props inn my book....

that's just me and those of you who know his (Leons)history know exactly why I feel the way I do
Old 07-22-2013, 07:27 PM

Just to let you know veggin you were actually the one that persuaded me to give wvo designs a chance. How is this you may ask. In short, during all the reading I did to figure out the components for my system I can across some threads of you bashing them for selling products made in China while boasting of running 2 vw jettas on wvo. Memory fails me as to which American company produces the jetta. I've dealt with many hypocrites over the years and if its not like theirs or done their way its garbage. I realized long ago when you do the opposite of what these people say it works out. So far its been 100% accurate. As to Leon's past I know men who were extremely trust worthy but now I wouldn't trust them with a plug nickel and the opposite is also true.
For the record I've been a machinist for over 20 yrs from mold and die making to designing and building production machinery. So I notice things most people over look. I can't say anything about their past products but the pump I received had better designing and attention to detail than I had expected.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:17 AM

Surely yourself as a machinist should recognize a CHINESE made CAST aluminum rotor should be tempered, which is not. Thus, you probably recognized the fact that rotor lacked any material drilled out for balancing, given the fact is it CAST. Or perhaps you missed that important feature.

In addition, comparing a CHINA made CAST rotor and a housing casting from TURKEY to the fact I drive GERMAN cars is ridiculous. Here is the point I make:

Until recently, (Chevrolet circa 2014) there has been no American made diesel passenger car, thus the only option was to source from our allies in western Europe. With that said, and having no other option, I purchased a German made car. WVO designs, on the other hand, Is the only marketer of CF's that is NOT MADE IN AMERICA. That is why its cheaper, because even Leon knows what his product is worth. Simple CF, Absolute CF, Wolverine, US filtermaxx, etc, are all American made. If given the option, I do buy American when possible.

If it weren't for the R&D provided to Leon from companies such as:
Simple Centrifuge
Hot Fox
Fass
BFT/DFA
And surely others, Mr Griffin wouldn't have a product line up. He claims to be an engineer. Maybe that's what the paper might say that is framed and hanging on his wall. I think he is a reverse engineer. He seems to reverse engineer successful competitive products, copy the concept, and out source it to china and bring it to the market place and spin a quick buck.

The ONLY thing I will give WVO designs credit for, other than bringing cheap imported parts to the marketplace is one good product...the monster pump. Given his track record, he likely stole that idea from somebody else, I just don't know who.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:21 AM

Ive been around the block on the WVO/B100 world for quite some time. Ive seen the build up and unraveling of it. WVO Designs is largely considered the Kmart in the WVO world.

Third rate product peddeler from third world countries. BUY AMERICAN PEOPLE. YOUR JOB MAY DEPEND ON IT.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:33 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegginpsd View Post
BUY AMERICAN PEOPLE. YOUR JOB MAY DEPEND ON IT.
Stupidest thing ever. You buy products that is 100% American, let me know what get.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:14 AM

I don't have their cf so I couldn't comment on that. But I am running their fuel pump and I like what I see and how it performs so far. Like it or not (which I dont) a lot of the Chinese manufactured products have increased greatly in quality. Having to rework some of their dies back in the early 90's instead of being made from tool steel like p-13 it was almost like pot metal, but they have gotten better both in materials and workmanship. If I had my way made in the us would be all that was on the shelf.
I don't know Leon personally or if he wronged you in some way but his business practices of using information from competitors is common place.
The products he put out in the past may have been substandard and the cf they offer maybe lacking in quality I don't know because I haven't had any hands on experience with any of it. But the fuel pump and the way I'm treated when I call for service I can say I'm well pleased.
Your reasoning for buying German cars because no American company produced a diesel. That's why I went with wvo designs fuel pump its the only one I could find specifically designed for use with a heated svo fuel system.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zillafreak View Post
Stupidest thing ever. You buy products that is 100% American, let me know what get.

You see no economic value of purchasing American made products form US companies?

Surely you are joking.......

Ever know somebody that god laid off when their job was outsourced? If not, crawl out of the cave you are living in. Outsourcing is a real threat. Why cant Leon make his products in the US? Everybody else seems to. Apparently there it is not important to him. Maybe when unemployment hits 25% and he cant sell anything, it will make sense.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:50 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegginpsd View Post
You see no economic value of purchasing American made products form US companies?

Surely you are joking.......

Ever know somebody that god laid off when their job was outsourced? If not, crawl out of the cave you are living in. Outsourcing is a real threat. Why cant Leon make his products in the US? Everybody else seems to. Apparently there it is not important to him. Maybe when unemployment hits 25% and he cant sell anything, it will make sense.
because not much is 100% american. just because sometimes is made and assemblied in american doesn't mean it is 100% american. most raw material doesn't come from america.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.