wvo designs "kit' questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 10:00 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wvo designs "kit' questions

hello,
i am posting to see if anyone can offer some help with the return/purge configuration i would like to do. i am in the process of installing the kit that wvo designs offers on their site along with their parts. i would like to keep pump, filter, fphe and purge valve back in the bed. i have previously had a system where the pump and filter were mounted on the drivers side rail and realized that the exposure (in my climate) to those components caused excessive and (maybe) unnecessary wear. my hope is to have everything under the protection of my topper where i have a 60 gallon tank that i had welded up with some mounting brackets on the side. i did not however have a return port welded in and am wondering if i can T my return back to supply line in front of pump or? i would imagine others have done this type of set up and i would love some ideas and or direction. i have never posted anything here but have used this site and forum for my own education for several years. any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! thanks, matt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 05:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Use a purge valve (hydraforce two port 12v). Place a tee on the pressure side of the pump, after the check valve. Put the purge valve in and route to the suction side of the pump.

All the purge valve will do is route fuel around the check valve for purge. This, assuming the VO side of the system is dead head, using the pump regulator....

Last edited by vegginpsd; 04-17-2013 at 05:53 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-17-2013, 07:27 PM

thanks for reply! the system is a dead head. could i use the 3 way valve i bought from wvo? i would also have to T into vacuum side as well right (2 T's total)? then everything upstream from purge valve would dead head correct? the valve would just re route and discontinue veg supply from right there at pump? would this make for a long purge time? would i use a "momentary on" rocker switch with this set up? sorry man i am one of those dudes who needs schematics or im useless! last question for now. would the best configuration for flow from heated pick up be: (pump - filter - purge valve - fphe) and off to engine? thanks for your help, i appreciate it and obviously need it!

Old 04-18-2013, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmkay View Post
thanks for reply! the system is a dead head. could i use the 3 way valve i bought from wvo? I suppose you could, but you would need to put a pipe plug in the N/O port......
i would also have to T into vacuum side as well right (2 T's total)? YES then everything upstream from purge valve would dead head correct? YES

the valve would just re route and discontinue veg supply from right there at pump? YES

would this make for a long purge time? NO, purge time is dependant on the length of fuel hose. I would say your purge time would be less than 30 seconds. would i use a "momentary on" rocker switch with this set up?

sorry man i am one of those dudes who needs schematics or im useless! Its cool, thats what we are here for!

last question for now. would the best configuration for flow from heated pick up be: (pump - filter - purge valve - fphe) and off to engine? thanks for your help, i appreciate it and obviously need it! That is correct. Pressurize filter and FPHE..
Replies above.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:09 PM

lastly (for now). this system will be non automated or controlled. would the purge valve be controlled best by a momentary on/off rocker switch? thanks again for the help vegginpsd, it is greatly appreciated!
Old 04-19-2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmkay View Post
lastly (for now). this system will be non automated or controlled. would the purge valve be controlled best by a momentary on/off rocker switch? thanks again for the help vegginpsd, it is greatly appreciated!
That`s what I use.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:08 AM

cool thanks simone0414!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.