Anyone heard or used this black diesel filtering kit? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 07:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone heard or used this black diesel filtering kit?

Diesel substitute, not biodiesel, black diesel fuel from motor oil dewatering filters

I am interested in it. I have read some of the opinions that say you should use a centrfuge and some that say not to use WMO at all. Lets here the opinions on this kit. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2013, 03:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

First off, it seems that you have done your homework. Cudos for that.

I dont believe WMO could be safely burned in an HEUI engine no matter how it was cleaned. However, if you are not convinced and choose to do so anyway, a quality gravity fed CF is the only way to get fuel quality consistent with safe operation. All of the filtering in the world will not get it to where fuel needs to be.

A couple water filters surely isnt going to get it done. A CF is the ONLY way I know of. Having cleaned a signifiacant amount of WMO in a CF, it is shocking what is in it in repect to solids. Here is an example>

Simple Centrifuge ...putting a centrifuge in every garage!

here are some tests results I did a few years ago:

WMO Centrifuge Results

Good luck making your decision.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegginpsd View Post
First off, it seems that you have done your homework. Cudos for that.

I dont believe WMO could be safely burned in an HEUI engine no matter how it was cleaned. However, if you are not convinced and choose to do so anyway, a quality gravity fed CF is the only way to get fuel quality consistent with safe operation. All of the filtering in the world will not get it to where fuel needs to be.

A couple water filters surely isnt going to get it done. A CF is the ONLY way I know of. Having cleaned a signifiacant amount of WMO in a CF, it is shocking what is in it in repect to solids. Here is an example>

here are some tests results I did a few years ago:

WMO Centrifuge Results

Good luck making your decision.
Good info. Thanks for the response.

So whats the worst that will happen if you run black diesel? Clogged injectors? Messed up heads?
Old 04-16-2013, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy0079 View Post
Good info. Thanks for the response.

So whats the worst that will happen if you run black diesel? Clogged injectors? Messed up heads?
Coking is the biggest concern, due to incomplete combustion.
Primarily vavles seats and valve guides. Water and coolant in wmo will absolutely destroy injectors as well. The thing about coolant suspended in wmo is just that, its suspended. It takes much much more than gravity to remove it.

So, to answer you question.....
$1800 for injectors and labor, and $2500 for head removal and replacement with a valve job with new guides and pushrods.

That is if you dont coke up your oil and compression rings. That makes a PSD engine a nifty boat anchor.

Sorry to sound like im Hating, but, this risk is real. Likely someone will come along as clain to have run a million miles on 90 weight oil mixed with piss and vinegar and get 40 MPG doing it....and to that I say....PROVE IT.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:25 AM
I don't know nuttin....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegginpsd View Post
run a million miles on 90 weight oil mixed with piss and vinegar and get 40 MPG doing it....and to that I say....PROVE IT.
This is possible?
Old 04-16-2013, 03:56 PM

Here are some more really good, bad examples of how filters dont do sh!t.

Black diesel is a bad idea, even worse when just "filtered" oil is used. check this out

NOTE at 3:30 min.... the "desire" to do "head work".....

I wonder if hes still burning black diesel? Doubt it.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
[QUOTE=vegginpsd;4979634]Here are some more really good, bad examples of how filters dont do sh!t.

Now there's a retarded statement. "Filters don't do sh.t"

So you don't use filters at all??? For anything??? You must use unicorn piss for fuel since it's perfect. Lol. I'm just messing around with ya.

Your example of a hillbilly using water filters from home depot is not a good idea. If your going to run wmo then you really need to use good filters. For everyone else out there to read, FullForce runs wmo in their PSD. Granted it is easier for them since it is much cheaper for them to rebuild but either way, they still run it.

When you order a set of injectors from them they ask on their questionnaire if you run wmo or veggie oil. They will not warranty veggie oil trucks but they will warranty wmo ran through them as long as your honest to them and you filter it properly. It is very obvious when Ryan takes apart an injector to see what caused it to fail.

Ask me how I know this info. Because I run their injectors and I asked how they filtered it. So I do the same.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucorey View Post
Your example of a hillbilly using water filters from home depot is not a good idea. If your going to run wmo then you really need to use good filters. For everyone else out there to read, FullForce runs wmo in their PSD. Granted it is easier for them since it is much cheaper for them to rebuild but either way, they still run it.

When you order a set of injectors from them they ask on their questionnaire if you run wmo or veggie oil. They will not warranty veggie oil trucks but they will warranty wmo ran through them as long as your honest to them and you filter it properly. It is very obvious when Ryan takes apart an injector to see what caused it to fail.

Ask me how I know this info. Because I run their injectors and I asked how they filtered it. So I do the same.
There is NO WAY TO ADEQUATELY FILTER WMO. Period. Filters do not collect metals, suspended or emulsified moisture or antifreeze. It defies physics.

Even the hillbilly on the You tube vid realized that. Also worth noting, the examples in the CF Vid used no heat in his process, which greatly improves the performance of a CF. That I have learned after CF'in a few rail cars of waste oil in the past 7 years.

Also worth noting, I also run Ryans injectors, and I realize I too do it at my own risk. It is the valvetrain that is likely to fail before the injectors on WMO, however, water in a formidable foe of injectors and all the settling and filtering you could possibly do will ever remove moisture.

Give your WMO blend a test via a Sandy Brae tester, then please report your findings.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Then why does matt and Ryan run wmo?

Filters do filter. That's what they are supposed to do. Filter. I'd they didn't work then nobody would use them.

If not, then why do you put a filter on your truck. Especially the oil one? Because they work.

I'm not here for a pissing match, I will 100% agree with you about the water (coolant) issue. Absolutely true and more sensitive in a 6.0 injector. Nature of the beast I guess. You can easily get rid of the water in fuel by heating it. Simply evaporation.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 04-16-2013, 06:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Also, why are there companies that recycle wmo and run it through a polisher and repackage it under another name?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.