Injectors? maybe a dumb question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Injectors? maybe a dumb question

I've been researching wvo and bio-fuel for about a year now. I bought a 01 7.3 in october and am currently modding it for pump fuel but plan on converting to wvo in the next year to year and a half.
Does injector size effect anything in the use of wvo. I plan on getting 205cc/100% injectors but do not want to have to replace them when I convert.
Any info or a link to a page with info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Having a similar set up, (see signature) my only thought when having done this was to make sure the VO side is a minimum of 5/16 fuel line to the heads. I ran 3/8 from the filter all the way to the heads with a R/R and I have plenty of fuel.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Is a R/R a necessity or will a FRx work? Do have one fuel tank you or have a aux. tank for your B100? Would you suggest a kit from vegistroke or am I better off building my own? My build budget is basically work overtime buy parts once everything is aquired build.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agriffin View Post
Is a R/R a necessity or will a FRx work?

Ummm, the cross over will create a seperate set of issues if using the stock fuel bowl. If no fuel bowl is used, the crossover will likely be a welcome addition if not regulated. Why?, generally most use all four corners of the heads to plumb into.

Do have one fuel tank you or have a aux. tank for your B100?
I run a two tank heated system, much like I did when running WVO.

Would you suggest a kit from vegistroke or am I better off building my own?

I choose not to comment on that. There are a lot of happy V3 owners out there, however, they are not without a few small issues. If finances are not an issue, that may be best, however, there are necessary mods and additions necessary for safe and effective use. Snake can chime in on the V3. I have installed a few V3 modules, however, many of us have made some pretty nice, clean and extremely effective systems as a DIY.

My build budget is basically work overtime buy parts once everything is aquired build. .
see above in red
Old 02-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I see in you sig that you have a simple centrifuge and a bio pro 190. Did you start with the centrifuge and upgrade to the bio pro 190? From my understanding which is basically read on simple centrifuge's website and what you and snake's posts on the forum. You can use the wvo directly out of the simple centrifuge for fuel correct? Or is something like the bio pro 190 required?
Old 02-01-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
I see in you sig that you have a simple centrifuge and a bio pro 190. Did you start with the centrifuge and upgrade to the bio pro 190? From my understanding which is basically read on simple centrifuge's website and what you and snake's posts on the forum. You can use the wvo directly out of the simple centrifuge for fuel correct? Or is something like the bio pro 190 required?
The centrifuge cleans the oil. With the correct set up, it is possible to have VO cleaner than most pump diesel.

The Biopro190 is a Biodiesel reactor. I no longer burn WVO, and have switched to B100 Biodiesel.

here is a link to the Biopro
Bio Pro 190 Stainless Steel Automated Biodiesel Processor - Make 50 Gallons Of Biodiesel With Ease! Metal Biodiesel Processor - Utah Biodiesel Supply
Old 02-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thank you for your help, and that link for Bio Pro. I guess in the next year or so I have alot of decisions to make with bio-fuel.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Thank you for your help, and that link for Bio Pro. I guess in the next year or so I have alot of decisions to make with bio-fuel.

First step is to decide if you want to run WVO or B100.
Your conversion, and processing needs will be significantly different.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Currently leaning towards a Bio Pro system. Seems to what I have read on there website there is minimal alteration I need to do to my truck other then a heated fuel tank. My father also own a business with loading docks and fork lift so I can buy methonal,potassium hydroxide/sodium hydroxide, and sulfuric acid in bulk. Also it sounds like I can use B100 as a replacement for K1 easier then wvo in my furnace. Either system seems to be a good investment though.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Currently leaning towards a Bio Pro system. Seems to what I have read on there website there is minimal alteration I need to do to my truck other then a heated fuel tank. My father also own a business with loading docks and fork lift so I can buy methonal,potassium hydroxide/sodium hydroxide, and sulfuric acid in bulk. Also it sounds like I can use B100 as a replacement for K1 easier then wvo in my furnace. Either system seems to be a good investment though.
For the most part, you convert the vehicle or convert the oil.....
I switched to B100, and will never run WVO again.

There is no finer machine to produce quality biodiesel with respect to ease and time than the Biopro's, in my opinion.

If you get one, hit me up. There are a few little known secrets, that make a big difference in production that I would be happy to share with you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.