Feedback on an Idea - Page 3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 05:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Micron rating of filters is about as reliable as a buck skin condom. I makes you think you are safe, however, its just a number rating on a filter media, likely made in China, stuffed in a filter, marked on a box to make you feel good.

You obviously have your heart set on it, so, go for it, and report your findings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 07:39 AM

Not set or arguing man... just learning.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:53 AM
Premium Member

Ummm...are you saying I need to get rid of my buckskin condoms??

One of the things that always scared me about ATF is the friction modifiers that are added. Not sure you can filter or cf those out?

Not sure about WMO...

And be very careful listening to anything Jeff says. I'm not sure where he pulled that recipe from but I have a pretty good guess.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinPSDs View Post
Not set or arguing man... just learning.

Hey its cool. No offense taken. Please realize that WMO/ATF are a touchy subject around here.

Especially when input from select individuals in added that have proven to know little about the subject. I know enough about it to know when to stay away from discussion, and smart enough to not burn it a engine fuel.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:40 PM

LovinPSD's. I imagine you've figured out that most of us here don't know much about burning ATF. There are a bunch of us who have been successful with WVO. The ROI is likely there. For example, I'm about $5k into my system with about $20k saved over four years. Not bad.

If you go forward with ATF, I hope you'll post about your process and your results. I am really curious to find out what you learn.

Thanks for putting up with the bickering that plagues the forum these days.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:55 PM

Well I have no personal experience with ATF but if I had to try something other then WVO or Bio it would be ATF or hydraulic fluid. Veggin is right you can filter all day long but a centrifuge is what you need to process waste oils.

As far as a TDI goes never owned one but heard of many problems with running anything but D2 or Bio. I would listen to Veggin on that one.

How are going to test to insure your fuel of choice is dewatered??
Old 12-08-2012, 05:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackinggear View Post
YESSSSS!!!!!! Welcome back jeff. Obiviously subscribed!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinPSDs View Post
Jeff, thanks for your feedback too. I like hearing what everyone has to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegginpsd View Post
Think of it like this....if you spent $1000 on a CF, your break even point, just to pay for the CF is around 20,000 miles. Just as an example. Thats why you dont see a tremendous amount of people messing with alternative fuels in cars, the ROI is quite distant.
Quote:
Hey its cool. No offense taken. Please realize that WMO/ATF are a touchy subject around here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieC View Post
LovinPSD's. I imagine you've figured out that most of us here don't know much about burning ATF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simone0414 View Post
Well I have no personal experience with ATF ...
As far as a TDI goes never owned one ...
LovinPSDs I agree you should consider your sources.

I also agree with vegginpsd, you will want to have a centrifuge if you are going to process WATF. Back when CFs first came out they were about $1000, but I bought a 55GPH centrifuge from PA biodiesel 9 months ago for less than $200, so shop around. Also, you can save yourself a lot of money on a pressure driven CF if you use compressed air to pressurize a tank containing your WATF to drive it through the CF at the recommended pressure.

Here is a link to Testimonials of people who owned VW/Audi 1;9 & 2:5 TDI's and run them on gasoline blended waste oils.
VW/Audi 1;9 & 2:5 TDI's.

And for the PSD owners here is a link for you.
Ford PSD engines in gasoline-waste oil blends
Old 12-08-2012, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondbiodiesel View Post
LovinPSDs I agree you should consider your sources.

I also agree with vegginpsd, you will want to have a centrifuge if you are going to process WATF. Back when CFs first came out they were about $1000, but I bought a 55GPH centrifuge from PA biodiesel 9 months ago for less than $200, so shop around. Also, you can save yourself a lot of money on a pressure driven CF if you use compressed air to pressurize a tank containing your WATF to drive it through the CF at the recommended pressure. Well Jeff, most accomplished and serious CF users dont even consider a spinner a CF.

Here is a link to Testimonials of people who owned VW/Audi 1;9 & 2:5 TDI's and run them on gasoline blended waste oils.
VW/Audi 1;9 & 2:5 TDI's. Again, do you have personal, first hand experience with said engine platforms......All I see is you being a researcher, I.e ....google it and see what comes up.

And for the PSD owners here is a link for you.
Ford PSD engines in gasoline-waste oil blends
See above. Have you ever owned a PSD, Jeff?
Old 12-09-2012, 06:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
See above. Have you ever owned a PSD, Jeff?
No, I have not owned a PSD; however, I have burned WATF in my 6.2L DD, whereas you have not burned WATF in anything; and I have been collecting testimonials from people who have been burning waste oil blends in a wide variety of diesel engines for 7 years. So, on the topic of burning WATF and waste oil blends on diesel engines, I clearly have more research and experience than you have, so obsessing over the fact that I do not own a PSD engine is irrelevant, especially when the OP is considering burning WATF on engines that are not PSDs.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondbiodiesel View Post
No, I have not owned a PSD; however, I have burned WATF in my 6.2L DD, whereas you have not burned WATF in anything; and I have been collecting testimonials from people who have been burning waste oil blends in a wide variety of diesel engines for 7 years. So, on the topic of burning WATF and waste oil blends on diesel engines, I clearly have more research and experience than you have, so obsessing over the fact that I do not own a PSD engine is irrelevant, especially when the OP is considering burning WATF on engines that are not PSDs.
You also have alot of experience coking your injectors, replacing your injectors & IP. If I ever get a POS 6.2 Chevy & need to replace IP's or injectors your the man to talk to.

I agree Jeff it is important to consider your sources.

How much longer do we have to listen to this idiot on here??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.