WVO transfer pump - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
WVO transfer pump

I'm in the market for a new transfer pump and was considering the WCB30 mini-gear oil pump from Duda diesel. Has anyone had any experience with this company or more specifically this line of pumps? It seems to have good specs and a good warranty for a reasonable price. I'm not collecting pho in alaska. WCB30 Mini-Gear Oil Pump [WCB30] | DudaDiesel Biodiesel Supplies

thanks,
Tom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2012, 03:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

My recommendations would be the 25cc gas powered general purpose pump from Honda (1" hoses), the Gulper 320 from Whale (12v pump), or a pump from Redline.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:52 AM

I have a Gulper & it works great. It's not real fast so if your are collecting ALOT of oil it may not be for you. You could make yourself a SBC pump. They work real good & if you have a motor kicking around then you could do it real cheap.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:18 AM

I've used the redline pump heavily for the last 3 years. It's durability is impressive and it moves cold oil well. I often carry it in the truck and pump on the go, so it's size is good for me. If I wasn't pumping as often or didn't have to move the pump as much, then I would totally go for the gas powered honda. Buy the biggest and burliest pump you can possibly afford.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:21 AM

The guy I've been buying my oil from has a 2" trash pump. That thing will fill a 275 gallon tote in less than 5 minutes. It's big and it's expensive, but it's the only way to go if you're dealing in bulk.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Snake & Simone: I had looked at the gulper 320 and wondered if the motor was strong enough. I assume you've used it for a while and not had a burnt out motor..?

CharlieC: When using a redline when collecting, do you have the 110V model and use an invertor or do you have the 12V model?
Old 10-19-2012, 06:40 AM

I have the 12v pump, which I run either off the truck or a 12v deep cycle battery. It runs faster off the truck (14v instead of 12v) and I use an idle controller to keep the alternator at full output, but its kind of obnoxious to have the truck roaring, so I usually run it off the battery even though it's a bit slower.

The continuous duty motor on the redline is nice. I can move an entire tote of oil without having to give it a break, and their claims about being able to move cold oil with it are spot on.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsuelaw View Post
Thanks for all the replies guys.

Snake & Simone: I had looked at the gulper 320 and wondered if the motor was strong enough. I assume you've used it for a while and not had a burnt out motor..?

CharlieC: When using a redline when collecting, do you have the 110V model and use an invertor or do you have the 12V model?
Well I went to collect oil this morning & wouldn't yah know the Gulper wouldn't work. I had the fuse blow before so I was hoping it was that but fuse was good. Haven't had a chance to look at it yet but it worked perfectly when I used it last time & now nothing. Had to use my manual barrel pump. Boy was that fun. Pumped 150 gallons by hand.

What ever pump you get I would suggest getting a cheap manual barrel pump as a back up for those times when you other pump doesn't work.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:54 PM

Doh! I was just about to say I haven't moved much oil with the Gulper yet, but Simone and I know someone (Jason) who's moved thousands and thousands of gallons with that pump.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
Doh! I was just about to say I haven't moved much oil with the Gulper yet, but Simone and I know someone (Jason) who's moved thousands and thousands of gallons with that pump.
He's the reason why I bought the Gulper. I have pumped a lot of oil with it as well. Hopefully it's nothing serious. I may try to get my SBC pump going again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.