Compression Ignition Addict
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Nova Scotia
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I would post this question on TDS. Alot of guys trying to run it over there.
I Have never run WMO & probably never will but I do follow it alot. I'm curious I guess.
A couple things I can offer that will help:
1. NEVER mix WVO/bio with WMO. They do not like each other & will cause you major headaches.
2. DP tuners are being used to reduce smoke from WMO. From what I have read it has helped some guys & some not. I don't think has completely emilinated smoke, just reduced it.
3. Are you planning on bledning or 2 tanking?? I know alot of guys are blending but my suggestion would be to 2 tank. Better chance for success IMHO.
4. Make sure you purchase/build a high quailty filtration system. WMO is nasty stuff & can be diffcult to clean enough to use as fuel. Some guys feel that WMO cannot be cleaned up well enough no matter what you do to it.
5. This may be the most important one. If you run accross a guy going by the name of Jeffrey S. Brooks DON'T listen to anything he says. He thinks he's gods gift to aternative fuels. HE'S NOT.
IMHO the only way to not have smoke issues with WMO is to mix it no higher then 50/50 WMO/D2. Or crack it into diesel.
2001 f-350 ext.cab. 7.3 auto non dually. 262k miles. New HD tranny at 67,000 miles. Boost, EGT, Tranny temp gauges. 04/10 DIY check valve VO conversion. 20 plate FPHE,Fass HPFP set at 70 PSI,TIH, 10 micron spin on filter with coolant wrap, 150 micron prefilter, hrydraforce purge valve, 40 gallon greasecar tank with hotfox, SS braided hose to heads, Oil temp, pressure & fuel level gauges. 110K miles on grease.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Monitoring with Torque.