Making biodiesel for my 95 psd with no mods - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 02:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Making biodiesel for my 95 psd with no mods

I want to make my own biodiesel for my 95 psd, I can get used veggie oil but I heard would have to change my fuel lines because methanol would eat my fuel lines.... what is the truth to this????

I AM NOT GONNA CONVERT MY TRUCK TO ANYTHING except my fuel lines, I want it roentgen can stop using the bio anytime I want and not have to do anything...

Let me here your opinions

I'm thinking of this machine,what do you'll think???

40 Gallon Elite Biodiesel Processor 100%+ Fdbk Seller | eBay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2012, 04:09 AM
Hillbilly Deluxe

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You dont need to change fuel lines. What is the climate like where you are? Bio will gell in colder climates, so you may need to blend with d2 if/when it gets colder. You will also need several spare fuel filters as the bio will "clean" your fuel system out... As for the processor I would do alot more research before jumping into any equipment. There are alot of different oprions. You will also need a good heat and settle setup to remove large chunks and water prior to processing. An appleseed processor is a good start-up processor and is inexpensive to get up and running if you can find a good used hwh... Good luck!

Sent from my Galaxy S2 while my wife is yelling at me for being on my phone...
Old 07-04-2012, 12:02 PM

Hey guys,
Go to diesel secret energy web site, check it out it's what I run all the time, it works great and it's super easy, there are no modifications to your truck at all.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by STROKED_NY_023 View Post
You dont need to change fuel lines. What is the climate like where you are? Bio will gell in colder climates, so you may need to blend with d2 if/when it gets colder. You will also need several spare fuel filters as the bio will "clean" your fuel system out... As for the processor I would do alot more research before jumping into any equipment. There are alot of different oprions. You will also need a good heat and settle setup to remove large chunks and water prior to processing. An appleseed processor is a good start-up processor and is inexpensive to get up and running if you can find a good used hwh... Good luck!

Sent from my Galaxy S2 while my wife is yelling at me for being on my phone...
Thanks man, I live in Southern Ohio right on the river I was talking to a friend and he runs a mixture orlf bio and diesel in the spring and some summer monthes he runs straight bio.

What would I need to change my fuel lines to?

Chunks of water b4 processing what do u mean? The stuff u need to drain after it sets for so menu hrs
Old 07-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmuckaluck View Post
Hey guys,
Go to diesel secret energy web site, check it out it's what I run all the time, it works great and it's super easy, there are no modifications to your truck at all.
Good luck man, I'm not gonna try that, I'm not gonna put something in my truck that I don't know what's in it and something I have not done a lot of research on
Old 07-18-2012, 10:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmuckaluck View Post
Hey guys,

I highly do not recomend following this advice. Google search DSE.
If it was this easy, everyody would be doing it.

What DSE claims defies chemistry, logic, and IMHO good sence.....
Old 07-18-2012, 10:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Same here man, if its easy it normally won't work
Old 07-18-2012, 11:03 AM

A PSD will run on piss, vinegar, and waste oil and antifreeze mixture.

I dont recomend it, but I bet it will run like a champ. Question is, for how long.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegginpsd View Post
A PSD will run on piss, vinegar, and waste oil and antifreeze mixture.

I dont recomend it, but I bet it will run like a champ. Question is, for how long.
Long enough to do some major damage & cost you big $$$$ in repairs. D2 is cheaper to run then DSE when you add the repair costs in.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:07 AM

i have run into 2 different guys down here in TX running veggie oil straight into their tank, no mods, supposedly used stuff just ran it through filtration process couple times, then put it in, 1 mixed it with his diesel, other with a obs was running it straight, had 50 gallon drum in back of his truck with the stuff. with diesel going up .10 at a time, starting to look at doing bio myself and found a source of used oil and if necessary couple used conversion processor kits that are fairly affordable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.