GDiesel Info - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 03:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ruger#1
GDiesel Info

Is there anything new on this fuel. I cannot find much on it. It also looks like Ford And Chrysler Have bought out Ballard hydrogen fuel cells. Ballard is making the fuel cells for forklifts only. They had to sell or go broke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 05:53 PM

GDiesel is made just outside of Reno, where I live. I've been using it for several months now and I can't really tell any performance difference. However, I had a massive turbo leak for a long time so I can't really say I can reliably rate the fuel. I just fixed the turbo so I'll get a better idea what the difference is. I track every tank.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:08 PM

I feel stupid but what is Gdiesel?
Old 11-26-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger#1 View Post
Is there anything new on this fuel. I cannot find much on it. It also looks like Ford And Chrysler Have bought out Ballard hydrogen fuel cells. Ballard is making the fuel cells for forklifts only. They had to sell or go broke.
That's funny you said that Ballard is a great company and has there fingers in a lot but the hydrogen cells for forklifts a re a joke to many break downs. I currently work for a Raymond dealer (forlift dealer) and work on a site with the hydrogen cells and they do nothing but break down probably about 20 out o the 100 on this site are down. Although Ballard doesn't make them they supply the parts to a company called plug power. But just some info from a first hand experience not that it has anything to do with this fuel. Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 11-26-2012, 06:36 PM

Nothing to feel stupid about, I'd never heard of it until my fuel guy told me about it. It's basically plain #2 ULSD that's been infused with natural gas. Supposedly it gives more power, better mileage and less emissions.

4WD Mechanix Magazine: Tour Advanced Refining Concepts' GDiesel Fuel Refinery - YouTube!
Old 11-28-2012, 12:22 PM
Premium Member

Looked around their site (Advanced Refining Concepts) and it sounds interesting. Anyone tried it?

EDIT: Just saw that MKEENEY said he's used it. Let us know what you find!
Old 11-29-2012, 08:03 AM

I live in Sparks and just checked out the retail locations. Think I'm going to give this a try and see how it goes If I can get better mileage that would make me real happy.

Any real world numbers on mpg improvements?
Old 12-02-2012, 02:10 PM

If you live in Sparks I'd highly recommend going to Casazza Oil. They're actually a wholesaler but they do sell direct to the public. I really like these guys. Very low key and down to earth. None of this 9/10ths of a gallon stuff either. Just plain old rounded off prices.

They also have red diesel. It costs a lot less than regular because it doesn't have the road taxes tacked on. It's only for off-road use such as generators and tractors, etc. You get caught with it in your truck fuel tank and you'll get fined thousands.

They're located in a very out of the way place, next to the Waste Management transfer station in Reno, just in back of 4th St. 1575 East Commercial Row, Reno, NV 89512. Their phone number is (775) 323-1866. Talk to Frank. Tell him Mike "The Firewood Guy" sent ya.

Last edited by MKeeney; 12-02-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKeeney View Post
If you live in Sparks I'd highly recommend going to Casazza Oil. They're actually a wholesaler but they do sell direct to the public. I really like these guys. Very low key and down to earth. None of this 9/10ths of a gallon stuff either. Just plain old rounded off prices.

They also have red diesel. It costs a lot less than regular because it doesn't have the road taxes tacked on. It's only for off-road use such as generators and tractors, etc. You get caught with it in your truck fuel tank and you'll get fined thousands.

They're located in a very out of the way place, next to the Waste Management transfer station in Reno, just in back of 4th St. 1575 East Commercial Row, Reno, NV 89512. Their phone number is (775) 323-1866. Talk to Frank. Tell him Mike "The Firewood Guy" sent ya.
Thanks, but with me not driving the truck everyday it does not seem worth it unless it was much cheaper. Do they sell this Gdiesel stuff?

I did find a station nearby that sells it and put in about 1/2 tank. I'll see how it goes after a few tanks and report back. The last 2 tanks, I averaged about 14 mpg
Old 02-25-2013, 06:54 AM

I've been running this since I last posted and although I did have a thermostat issue (truck was not getting to full operating temp), I did not observe any difference in mileage. I fixed the thermostat a few weeks ago, and no difference there either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.