Is there any truth/hope for this? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 05:18 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is there any truth/hope for this?

Cracking Vegetable Oil Into Gasoline | New Energy and Fuel

Honestly I don't undertsand most of what the article says but the title got me interested.

Man would it be some sweet if you could put VO through some process so it could be used in gas engine. I would be all over that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simone0414 View Post
Man would it be some sweet if you could put VO through some process so it could be used in gas engine. I would be all over that.
Well, you can, sort of.
Its called a biodiesel processor. All except for the gasser engine part.

I likely have already owned my last gas engine auto/light truck. Way too much benefit in NOT having them damn spark plugs.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:42 PM

Its crazy to me that we don't have more diesel vehicles here. Go to Europe everything but supercars are diesel. I wish I could have one here. But they claim we have no market for it here.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandy View Post
Its crazy to me that we don't have more diesel vehicles here. Go to Europe everything but supercars are diesel. I wish I could have one here. But they claim we have no market for it here.

I concur Vandy. About your only options in passenger cars are the VW TDI's and a few Mercedes.

I could not be more content with the VW's. We each have one, and each have a PSD. I think it is the best of both worlds- 50 MPG on the cars, and heavy iron trucks. Sadly, they are aging, and the supply of both ALH/PD VW's as well as the 7.3 are becoming very tight. I think I may be able to round up one more 7.3 for myself in the next year. After that, I may just want to build a 12V cummins equiped F350. The 99.5-2003 VW's are getting tough to find too (with reasonable miles).

On a side note: Our comander in cheese, thinks electric hybrids are the future! What a douche bag. A VW TDI gets better mileage without the frickin' batteries! That is a whole different debate which I wont have right now.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:38 AM

Whe Obama was a Senator, gues what he drove....

Not a Prius.

Not a Hybrid of any kind

Not even an economy car........But a

A Chrysler 300 AWD V8.

At least its an American car......!
Old 03-19-2012, 04:43 AM

Yeah I don't get it. I guess the volt has already been **** canned. A guy from fox news...maybe MSNBC took one out. Added the cost of the electric to recharge it. Came out to being higher to operate and took 2x as long to get where you need to go than a civic. It was an interesting read
Old 03-19-2012, 08:33 PM

IT would help if every small company that came out with an electric car wasn't bought out by a shadow company and shut down the next week.
Big Oil or Big Three??
Old 03-20-2012, 03:51 AM

What I dont get is this:

Full electric cars.
Where do these clowns think the majority of electricity comes from?
Here are some clues. 1) NOT solar 2) NOT wind

Yes, some power generation does occur from a renewable source. Hydro. Especially in my neiborhood. Canadian hydro power.

The majority of the remaining power comes from COAL. Electric is not the solution.

How about this for a concept car...A VW or Audi clean diesel hybrid, engineered to run B100! Not B5 or B10, like most all american sold diesels, FULL B100. Cant get much greener than that, IMHO.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:15 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandy View Post
GM killed the diesel market here in the 80s with their POS 350 gasser they threw new heads on and called it a diesel.

It was a gutless POS that would not start if it got below 40 degrees.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegginpsd View Post
What I dont get is this:

Full electric cars.
Where do these clowns think the majority of electricity comes from?
Here are some clues. 1) NOT solar 2) NOT wind

Yes, some power generation does occur from a renewable source. Hydro. Especially in my neiborhood. Canadian hydro power.

The majority of the remaining power comes from COAL. Electric is not the solution.

How about this for a concept car...A VW or Audi clean diesel hybrid, engineered to run B100! Not B5 or B10, like most all american sold diesels, FULL B100. Cant get much greener than that, IMHO.

I have a tidal Power plant just a few miles from me. Been there for about 30 years. Guess how much power we have gotten from it. That would be ZERO. It all goes to the New England states. It's a clean renewable way to generate power but we get none of it. Instead our government thinks it makes more sense to supply us with power from a coal fired plant. A couple years ago in the middle of winter we had a nasty storm which knocked out power for days. Alot of people had no heat & was forced to take shelter in schools, firehalls etc.. But that powerplant was still running & we still got none of it. Would take too much time to switch it over to the local grid we was told. That pissed alot of people off & was one of the reasons the government was voted out in the next election. Didn't make a difference though cause we still get none of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.